Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Jay+Salter
Accepted Solution

How can I get my recorded programmes on to USB?

I am a teacher and have recorded several programmes that may be of use to my students recently and cannot find out how I can get them onto USB so that I can watch them in class. I have a USB port in my Sky+ HD box but what is the proces for doing this?

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Diamond)
Skytime

Re: How can I get my recorded programmes on to USB?

You cannot copy content from the sky+ box to a usb im afraid ! the usb port was put there for future use but its not active yet ! - you can however copy some content onto a dvd recorder if you go to our planner you shouldsee an option for copy and thats for copying to dvd!! other option is if you can find the content on sky go is to download it to a laptop using the sky go desktop and show it that way!!
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

I'm afraid you can't. The USB port is not functional. The best you can do is copy them to DVD or to your laptop/PC, if you have the right hard/software.

Super User
kato

Jay+Salter wrote:

I am a teacher and have recorded several programmes that may be of use to my students recently and cannot find out how I can get them onto USB so that I can watch them in class. I have a USB port in my Sky+ HD box but what is the proces for doing this?

Thanks,

You can't use these to extract or copy content that's stored on the hard drive. These USB sockets are "reserved for future use".

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.