Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Toni.stanczyk

How can I connect my printer to my new sky hub? Previously the cable was working perfectly.

How can I connect my printer to my new sky hub? Previously the cable was working perfectly in my Orange hub but when plugged into the sky hub it doesnt work.?  But when plugged back into the orange hub its ok again.

Does anyone out there agree that my nice new SKY hub is not working correctly.?? 

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Re: How can I connect my printer to my new sky hub? Previously the cable was working perfectly.

[ Edited ]

Hey Toni.stanczyk,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the issues you have encountered with setting up your printer through your Sky Hub.

Can you let me know if you are having problems in connecting any other devices to your Sky Hub or is it only the printer which is affected? If so, it may be worth getting in touch with your printer manufacturer.

If you can please reply to my post whenever you can to let us know.

Thanks

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Toni.stanczyk

Re: How can I connect my printer to my new sky hub? Previously the cable was working perfectly.

Hi

The only items connected to the Sky box are the desktop via the Ethernet cable and I have dad to connect my printer via a network cable to ensure that I have printing facilities.
My laptop is connected via wireless is working but as I have said in the past, I have no printing directly from my laptop on wireless as in the past there was a cable connecting the printer to the broadband box. Now my cable does not work with the sky box, therefore I have no signal to my laptop.

Getting There
Toni.stanczyk

Hi The only items connected to the Sky box are the desktop via the Ethernet cable and I have dad to connect my printer via a network cable to ensure that I have printing facilities.
My laptop is connected via wireless is working but as I have said in the past, I have no printing directly from my laptop on wireless as in the past there was a cable connecting the printer to the broadband box. Now my cable does not work with the sky box, therefore I have no signal to my laptop.

Staff
John-B

We really want to help you with this Toni.stanczyk,

There should be no difference when connecting your printer to your Sky HUB. As you are using an Ethernet cable, have you tried using a different Ethernet cable or tried plugging into a different Ethernet port on your Sky HU?

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.