Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
ionianson
Accepted Solution

How can I cancel ESPN

Hi,

I took out the 3 month free subscription to ESPN but I rarely watch it and I (or rather the missus!) cannot justify the price if we don't watch it.  Can you let me know how to unsubscribe? I have the full Sky subscription (Sports, Movies etc), but ESPN simply isn't watched.

Please tell me there is a simple way.....not a long drawn out affair with numerous phone calls. Can I do it online? I can't see anywhere in MySky account to do it.

Cheers

Gary Johnson

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: How can I cancel ESPN

Unfortunately you cannot downgrade/cancel online.So you will have to give Sky a call.I cancelled mine last week, it only took me a couple of minutes.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

You have to give 31 days notice to cancel these channels as well.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Saltfordman

Yes, strange that. It is possible to upgrade/add packages and channels online but not to downgrade/cancel. Anyone would think it was a ploy to make the action as difficult as possible, for some reason.

Occasional Visitor
123ABC123

I took out ESPN when I first got my Sky subscription.

Can I canel ESPN even though I havent passed the 12 month contract yet?

Super User
caesarome

Yes you can cancel it but you have to give Sky 31 days notice so if you were to call today the channel wouldn't be stopped until this time next month.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
spjones

Its just another stealth way for sky to get more money as their phone lines are v expensive

Regular Visitor
joe-king

Just tried to cancel ESPN and after speaking to an operator was left on hold for ages.  

Eventually gave up because Sky charge per minute for calls to customer service!

Nort so easy to cancel as I thought it would be :-(

Regular Visitor
joe-king

Have to give Sky their due.  They just phoned me back to apologise and to say it had been cancelled.

Visitor
JonnyJustice

I also had the free 3 month subscription. Called SKY on 08442 410 266 to cancel and eventually managed to do so after the sales person tried to get me to carry on for a futher three months at £5pcm (instead of the usual £10pcm).

Occasional Visitor
Richard1978

Well that was easy. Called up to cancel ESPN and they actually had an automated option to do so. 90 seconds later it was all sorted. Well done sky!
Occasional Visitor
dspencer12

What number did you call Richard1978?
Occasional Visitor
Richard1978

08422 410 266 ... They did then send me a message saying that I could either let my subscription expire (in a few months time) or give my 31 days notice ... Still automated though
Super User
caesarome

If you want to cancel try this link:

https://remove.sky.com/espn

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
GrahamFSap

[ Edited ]

This worked and I completed the process with a single click from https://remove.sky.com/espn within 5secs from reading your post! Brill.