Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
CLAIRE+STEELS

Re: How can I access my help request on the website?

What an absolute joke this company are, after nearly a week we still have nt received our MAC code to move supplier, and when I phone up they give me details of this 'my help request' service which doesnt work.  If there are failings within the system don't advise cusomers to use it.  Simple as that!  After another wasted hour discussing this issue with sky on the phone they have finally summarised that there was an error generating the code and will send another one out which could take another 5 days!!!  In the meantime you have no issue with charging us for another months service due to your incompetance of sending a simple code out.  If there was an error why was this not flagged up and us informed anyway!  Rant over!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hey CLAIRE+STEELS,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to read that you have decided to cancel your Sky Broadband service and move to another provider. I can certainly understand the frustration you must be feeling as a result of having to wait another few days to get this sent to your new provider and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know how the switchover goes and if we can be of any further help then please let us know.

Thanks 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
iDevil

hello fraser,

you cannot understand the frustration so stop lieing about it. if you would have really cared then you would have done something to sort the problems out.

also, the letters don't get posted automatically for sure so someone posts them punctually from your end. I know how DD works thanks for that.

I still haven't received a response from your useless call centre about my query.

Visitor
CrapSKY

Another fan to be added tot his topic.

The Sky CS are a joke, first you speak to the Indian who cannot even speak English, I left BT to get away from the Offshore mob only to be put back in the same hole at sky.

Also getting the sms and no way of checking on the net.  Finally decided to leave SKY altogether, any suggestions of a better service provider ?

Thanks

Regular Visitor
solitairex

Whilst irritated by getting a text telling me to go to help requests when I can't, ive recently had to contact Customer Services and I have to highly commend the service I received. The agent could not have been more helpful and the situation resolved to my satisfaction and very swiftly. Many thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Stephen+A+White

I received one of these texts today - and having spoken with Broadband support yesterday, I was hoping to have an update - but like others, I can't access the content on the promised link?!?!

From what I've read above, this means the texting service has been rolled out to my area - but not the actual updating of the website - what a joke!

And the second part of the farce - is that the reason for my call to Broadband support, was because my router stopped working - so I wouldn't have been able to access the Internet to check the link - would I !!!!!! :smileymad:

And part 3 of this ridiculous situation - after going through lengthy dagnostics yesterday over the phone, including unscrewing telephone sockets etc, I was told there was nothing wrong within the house, or with the router, and the problem must lie outside the house - and I would have to wait 2-3 days for a call back - but I need the Internet for work.

So within an hour I tried another router - borrowed from a friend - and through a search on the Internet found out how to set it up for my Sky account - and Hey Presto, it works - so there's no issue outside the house - it's the router! So the lengthy diagnostic process was a complete joke.

I am now looking at alternative providers and will be leaving Sky shortly.

Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Good afternoon Stephen+A+White,

Not good to see that you have had an unresolved fault with your Sky broadband. The troubleshooting steps that you went through are so that we can establish as accurately as possible where the fault lies, I can assure you it is not done with the intention of winding up customers ( although it may feel like that)

If your router is faulty and needs replaced ( sounds like it is) then if its under 12 months old you would get a free replacement Sky Hub, if its over 12 months you can still get a free Sky hub as long as you a agree to a new 12 month contract. you're right on the text being sent out when you are not part of the myhelp request roll out I totally agree with you on that one and this has been looked into and shouldn't happen in the future, only customers who are part of the trial will be contacted until its available for all.

I hope you don't decide to leave us and that you get your router replaced sooner rather than later. If you do need further assistance please get back to us.

Thanks

kirkie50
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
Carol+Cooper

Inability to access the MHR messages has been very frustrating.  So was the 5 or 6 day wait for a new router. There must be a better way of doing this. I'd have been happy to go and collect the router, or to pay for overnight delivery but there was no option to do this.

Overall however customer services were very helpful and efficient.  They diagnosed the problem, arranged to rectity it, and rang as agreed the next day to check that everything was working OK.

Occasional Visitor
caitlin260699

I can not retrieve these messages either. Help requested please. Cannot follow the above link as do not have enough authority to view?!
Super User
caesarome

caitlin260699 wrote:
I can not retrieve these messages either. Help requested please. Cannot follow the above link as do not have enough authority to view?!

You might not be able to access them, see here for the reason why:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/My-Sky-Account-Management/How-can-I-access-my-help-request-on-the-websit...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Weavy

We r having the same problems accessing MHR. Why can't sky just sort out the complaint and ring us. Back like we rang them in the first place. This has taken about 3 weeks now to no avail.
Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Hi there Weavy,

Have you still had no contact from us regarding your complaint?  I can understand how annoying it would be having the wrong information sent. and if you can give us a brief summary of whats went wrong on your account we will certainly try and get a resolution for you.

Get back to us when you can please.

Thanks

kirkie50
Community Coordinator

Visitor
This+Dave

I cannot believe that after 5 months this fault has not been resolved. I understand the value in trying to roll out new ways to support your customers, but I don't see the value in harrassing them with text messages that offer the hope of progress, only to lead to further frustration, as that's simply amateur.

I too have received one of these texts, I too cannot access the update it promises and I too am fed up of these unprofessional practises.

Sky should text, email or call the customers with the update, not invite the user to connect to the internet (and I'm guessing some of the faults these texts refer to are internet related meanign this may be an issue in itself) only to find nothing waiting for them.

Community Coordinator
lainys

Hello and Good Morning Dave, 

Thank you for your first post to the community however, I was sorry to read you also cannot access the update by connecting to My Sky via the internet.

Please accept my apologise as I can understand how frustrated you are over this.

Can you give us a little more information and we will help resolve this issue for you,

I look forward for your reply.

Kind Regards.

Lainys
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
InnocentDevil

[ Edited ]

all i will say is they are useless so there is no point posting on here. (Removed) who don't a clue of what they are doing

• Edited: Removed inappropriate/unfounded allegation