Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
VicN

How can I access my help request on the website?

I'm in the process of placing an order with Sky and have had a few teething problems. Every time I speak to someone I then get a text saying something along the lines of: "your help request MHR-###### has been created. To keep up to date with your request go to https://myhelprequests.sky.com and view MHR-######"  But when I go to this link it just takes me to the normal account log-in screen and there is no link at all that I can find that will take me to a 'help requests' section, and it fails to find anything when I do a search for it.

Has anyone else managed to view their elusive help requests? Or do they not actually exist?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Mark39

It works OK for me. After logging in, you should be taken...

It works OK for me. After logging in, you should be taken straight to the My Help Requests screen. It sounds like a browser problem: try deleting your browser history/cookies/temporary internet files and trying again. Or try a different browser, e.g. Firefox if you're currently using Internet Explorer.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
VicN

Re: It works OK for me. After logging in, you should be taken...

Nope, tried IE, Chrome and Firefox, and deleted my history and cookies etc. It still just takes me to my account homepage
Staff (Retired)
batweb79

Hi Vic,

Are you a brand new customer to Sky or an existing customer trying to upgrade?

What new services are you trying to get form us?

Thanks, 

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
VicN

I'm a brand new customer. My activation date is Monday 22nd. I've just received another text telling me there's been an update to one of my help requests (I've been given about 3 different reference numbers so far). Again, when I go to the link supplied I see nothing except the usual account homepage. This is really frustrating, there is presumably important information I'm not receiving because of this problem....

Occasional Visitor
LeeLeeLeeLeeLee

I am having the exact same issue ... Faffing about on the website trying to find any clickable link relating to "my Help Requests" yet there isnt a single one ...

so frustrating.

Occasional Visitor
LeeLeeLeeLeeLee

...even a search for "myhelprequest" comes up with ZERO results ... pah!
Occasional Visitor
LeeLeeLeeLeeLee

[ Edited ]

Well, after more than 10 minutes <REMOVED> about the site, trying both Safari and Firefox, I have given up, I sure hope whatever bloody message they have sent me isnt urgent or important ...

They have my email address as well as an email facility inside mysky.com so why the need for this exercise in futility I dont know.

• Edited: Removed inappropriate language
Staff (Retired)
Fraser-H

Re: How can I access my help request on the website?

Hi LeeLeeLeeLeeLee,

I am glad to have caught your first posts on the forum, although could have hoped they had been under better circumstances.

I'm sorry to read that you have been having some issues when trying to place an order through our website. Could you let me know if this is happening when you are trying to originally sing up to Sky or when you are trying to add something to an existing account you hold with us already?

If you can reply to my post to let me know, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
shel81

Has there actually been a helpful response to this question? I am now having.the same problem and am getting quite frustrated as this is the last thing in a long list that sky have got wrong lately!! 

Community Coordinator
SaraF

Hi shel81,

If you could provide me with a few more details in regards to your issue, I will do everything I can to help resolve this for you.

I would advise accessing your Sky account  and processing your order using an alternate browser, if that does not work please get back to me.

Kind Regards,

Sara F

Occasional Visitor
shel81

I received a text message telling me to follow a link to my help requests but when I followed the link it just takes me to the home page with no sign of where to go.

Visitor
LEEEEEEEEEE

Hi shel81

This is the artist previously known as LEELEELEELEELEE replying under my new username - the reason for my new username being the way I resolved my help request issues.

After FINALLY speaking to someone from Sky who understood the issue it transpired that my "old" username/account was set up when I initially took up the Sky package online ... However, it was not in any way linked to my actualy Sky account (no idea why - and I dont have the time to find out)

However - to fix it is simple enough - simply create yourself a new SKY ID*  (by choosing create ID, rather than logging in with your current details) , choose a new username and input your SKY account number to it ...  now when you log in with the "new" Sky ID/ email it will still default you back to sky.com but you will have a new pull down menu under the "help and support" tab which takes you to the myhelprequests page.

*The only conundrum being that you need to supply/set up a new email account otherwise it will tell you "you already have an account with that email address", If you have a googlemail account, you wont have to - happy to explain why/how if you are indeed with gmail. Alternately just set yourself up a generic freemail account.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Staff (Retired)
Joss-91

Hi shel81.

Sorry to see your having issues with My Help Request, luckily I can help you with this. :smileyhappy:

In order to get access to My Help Request your Sky iD has to be linked to your Sky household account. If you haven't done this already everything you need to know can be found here. You can find any other info on the My Help Request tool in our Knowledge Base Article here.

If you could give these steps a try and get back to me to let me know if it's resolved.

Cheers,

Occasional Visitor
susannaJD

I have had exactly the same frustrating problem. I've given up, but feeling very angry with Sky for being so inefficient and opaque. I tried phoning, and I used the chat-line to retrieve my message, with no result. Sky has my e-mail address and my phone number; they could even text me the whole message ... instead I'm wasting my time getting furious and frustrated.

I have a Mac. I wonder if that's the 'problem'?