Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Sam+Jr.

How To Transfer Sky+HD Recorded Program To PC. Help!

Can anyone help? How To Transfer Sky+HD Recorded Program To PC.

I have recorded/saved programs on my Sky+HD box which I need to save on my laptop and/or upload to my YouTube channel. How can I do this?

All help appreciated. Thanks.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Mark39

Re: How To Transfer Sky+HD Recorded Program To PC. Help!

You can do this, in real time, if your laptop has a/v capture hardware and software installed. You then connect a cable between the composite video and stereo outputs at the back of your Sky box (yellow, red and white phono sockets) and the equivalent inputs of the capture device and use the software to capture the recording as you play it back.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Sam+Jr.

Thanks for your advice but this sounds too technical for me.

I have a laptop with a wireless internet connection. I have some "already" recorded programs on my Sky box which I need to transfer or save on my laptop. Is there an easy way to do this. I am disabled so unable to fiddle with cables etc.

Thanks.

Super User
Mark39

Sam+Jr. wrote:
Is there an easy way to do this.

Thanks.

Unfortunately no. The only easier way is to connect your Sky box to a DVD recorder (or video recorder) and again, record in real time. There's no way to do this wirelessly, or via the ethernet connection.

I'm New Here
Biglozzy

If you can stretch to an Archos 605 or later with a docking station you can connect straight to sky box. You have to record in real time but that's not a prob, also you need to install the 'Cinema' plug in on the archos unit. This enables the sky data to be converted automatically to .avi format. Hope this helps.