Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
alyc1
Accepted Solution

Help!how to get 3d working prop. have samsung tv & bluray. Sky help says it is blu ray causing prob!

[ Edited ]

Got new 50" plasma tv 3d but unable to stop the split screen. Sky says it is the blu ray dvd player interfering but we have set it up according to instructions. Can anyone please help us

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Dsldude

Re: Help!how to get 3d working prop. have samsung tv & bluray. Sky help says it is blu ray causi

[ Edited ]

Put the TV on the right 3d mode, it should be side by side mode, Sky 3d is not the same 3d

mode as blu-ray so it needs to be changed via the tv's menu. 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
alyc1

Re: Help!how to get 3d working prop. have samsung tv & bluray. Sky help says it is blu ray causi

[ Edited ]

Thanks but when i go to that function on menu it is not available.

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi alyc1,

With most Samsung 3D TV's when you press the 3D button you get a message screen, then after you press the OK button you will get an option screen with normally 3 options. If you choose the side by side icon option then press OK it should go back to a single slightly blurred picture (assuming you are already on channel 217 on Sky). You then turn on your 3D glasses and try viewing it for the 3D effect.

If this is not the same on your TV I would recommend reading the TV Manual again to familiarise yourself with how to put the TV into the correct 3D mode for Sky.

Thanks

Robert-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
alyc1

unfortunately the side by side option is not available when on sky 217. we are only allowed to select 2d to 3d but no other option

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

I have a Samsung 50" 3D plasma as well so I have a little experience on it. It's also hooked up to a Samsung 3D Blu Ray and the Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) doesn't cause any issues. I have the 1TB Amstrad Sky+ HD on HDMI 1 and the Blu Ray on HDMI 2.

What model number is the TV?

Are you accessing 3D mode via the 3D button on the TV remote rather than through another menu?

Do you have the Sky connected with HDMI and are you watching on the corresponding HDMI channel using the source button?

Which HDMI sockets are the Sky and Blu Ray in?

Is the Blu Ray on or in standby?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Visitor
alyc1

Thank you very much. I went back to basics and followed your advice. Much better advise than either Samsung help or Currys tech support!!

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi alyc1,

I'm glad to hear you got it working.

Would it be ok to post what worked for you and mark it as an accepted solution, as this may help other Users with the same TV and issue?

Thanks

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Naebither

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Samsung PS50C6900 3D TV and for some reason or other cannot get the sky 3d channel to work.

When I put the tv in 3d mode and select the side by side option, the screen appears to go into 3d mode but with the glasses switched on the picture remains blurred.

I contacted samsung who talked me through a factory reset, they also advised that i need a v1.4 HDMI cable. (sold the wrong one).  I now have the right cable and yet sky 3d channel still does not work.

Samsung reckoned I need to reset the sky HD box - is this really necessary..???

The sky customer advisor I spoke with today informed me that there is no need for any update etc, but did say that the samsung tv (newer models) may require a software update..!!!!  Samsung deny this..!!!

Anyone out there have had similar problems..???

Any advice would be appreciated as this is getting really frustrating.!!!!!

I'm still waiting for the 3d DVD player so I cannot say 100% that it's not the TV

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
neilhart

Had a similar issue, with a new 3D samsung and not being able to get a 3D picture from my Sky box. It was because I was still using the SCART cable. Switched to a HDMI cable and then the TV picked up the 3D signal correctly.

Regards

Neil

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi neilhart, 

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the community. 

Thank you for taking the time to share this information on the forum, I am sure this will come in useful to other users who are upgrading to 3D. 

I look forward to seeing more posts from you :smileyhappy:

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
irvinio67

hi, i have a samsung UE55D8000 and i cant seem to get the sky 3D to work other than seeing side by side images and when i go into the tv's menu the side by side option is greyed out so im not able to click on it as per your instructions... please help as the kids are dying to see some 3d on this magnificent tv :smileysurprised:)

thanks in advance

Super User
ozsat

Are you using HDMI on the TV for the Sky input?

3D is only available via Sky and Bluray using HDMI on this tv

irvinio67 wrote:

hi, i have a samsung UE55D8000 and i cant seem to get the sky 3D to work other than seeing side by side images and when i go into the tv's menu the side by side option is greyed out so im not able to click on it as per your instructions... please help as the kids are dying to see some 3d on this magnificent tv :smileysurprised:)

thanks in advance

--------------------------------------------------------------------
SkyHD /3D (Primary: 4F3162, Secondary: 4F3157), On Demand via VirginMedia 152Mb
Occasional Visitor
3dnovice

I am having the same problem (channel 217 showing the side by side images only and when I go to the Samsung menu the side by side option is greyed out and can't be selected), however previously everything was working fine for a number of weeks.  I first had the problem at the weekend when bad weather hit and previously have had isswithin the hd channels with pictures and voice timing being out - could this 3d problem be linked to a week signal?

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi 3dnovice,

Welcome to the forum, and sorry for the late reply.

Can you let me know how your box is connected to the TV? HDMI, Scart, both etc?

When we know this information, we will be able to help further.

Thanks,
Anne
Community Coordinator