Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Vitociaraolo
Accepted Solution

Having difficulties Watching sky go abroad

I'm currently in Latvia and trying to watch sky go and news online however the app for the iPhone 4 doesn't work as I get an error message saying "there is no Internet connection " however I'm connected to the wifi and I'm posting this message. Please can you advise. Thanks
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Having difficulties Watching sky go abroad

SkyGo will only work in the Uk and Ireland.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Vitociaraolo

Well that's a waste of time isn't it. Whats the point of having sky go if u can't watch anything abroad. Don't you think sky should make sky go available abroad? Its something you should think about as a lot Customers go on holiday abroad and want to watch films and sports on the go.
Super User
caesarome

Vitociaraolo wrote:
Well that's a waste of time isn't it. Whats the point of having sky go if u can't watch anything abroad.

It will not work abroad because Sky don't hold the rights to show their program and live events abroad. If they did it would cost them more money which in turn would cost us for money though our subs and we are already paying a premium price wouldn't you say ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Getting There
Vitociaraolo

Yes however customers such as myself are paying premiums aswell and I don't think it would break the bank as sky are already established in a few Countries in Europe. As well as a lot of sports events being shown to europe via sky. Just a thought that's all. I think sky would have more customers if this was possible.
Getting There
Vitociaraolo

Retired Staff Member
Samantha-K

Hi Vitociaraolo,

Sky Go is only able to broadcast within the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland, due to licensing agreements with content holders.

Thanks

I'm New Here
jackalukm

well im off on my holls soon ,now i know i can not use sky go so i think the name is wrong it should be called sky stay or sky dont go far lol dont see the point of having this ,point ov fact why not ! if we have to log on to get it ,ie same as this forum !!!

Getting There
MrWoodhall

I was planning to follow the formula one on sky go as I will be at the Australian race and the Malaysian race. Would be great to watch on my nexus 7 while in the grandstands.. But I have just found out that skygo does not work on the go. what a load of garbage.

I'm New Here
Maclueless

why can there not be limited access? Is it all or nothing? Licencing agreements pan Europe should be achievable surely... Com on Sky you should be able to do more than roll over and give up... I am in Mallorca at the moment and would dearly love to access the packages I have paid for and cannot use ( due to being outside UK or Ireland)
Super User
caesarome

Sky servers customers in the UK and Ireland only and no other European countries which is why they only hold the rights to show content when Sky Go is used here and not anywhere else.

I do not work for Sky.
Graduate
Zayphod

but surely this can't apply to The Ashes series ? ?

(a) its cricket - which should have special rules

(b) it's Test Cricket against the Aussies
(c) Sky have the Lead Broadcasting rights which they then sub-contract out - they could exclude their affiliates from streaming  
(d) the tests take place in the main Summer holiday period

come on Sky ! support Team England !

let us watch it in Europe at least ! !

it's only the flick of a digital button ! ! !

Super User
caesarome

As said above Sky doesn't serve customers outside of the UK and Ireland as they are UK and Ireland based only.

I do not work for Sky.
Graduate
Zayphod

er  '  Sky are UK and Ireland based only '

surely that isn't  true - Sky have Sky Italy & Sky Germany etc ! ! !

surely you can get The Ashes series in those countries and other countries which receive Sky from them - even with an Italian or German soundtrack

so you should be able to get Sky Allez or Sky Gehen

Super User
caesarome

Zayphod wrote:

so you should be able to get Sky Allez or Sky Gehen

Yes but this Sky is UK you are talking about and they do not operate outside of the UK and Ireland only. If you want to sign up with other companies in other countries then it is up to you but Sky UK do not operate outside of the UK. These companies might all be Sky branded but they are run as seperate companies.

I do not work for Sky.