Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
shokkyy

HD box will only work with Scart

I received my new HD box today and went through the self setup process. Everything works fine so far except that I can't get it to work through the HDMI connections, only through Scart. The TV has HDMI1 to 4 ports, but if I connect the box to any of them I just get No Signal on the TV. And once I get this the TV remote does not respond at all if I press the input/source key, so I can't change the source that way. Can anyone give me a fix for this?

And as an aside - I haven't yet tried setting up Anytime+ on the new box, but when I look at the normal Anytime it's telling me there's nothing available. Is this just an initialisation thing and it needs time to update the list locally?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
amcconne

Re: HD box will only work with Scart

If you are getting the 'No Signal' message, you are likely on the wrong source channel.  On the Sky remote, press the TV and then Help button.  Then press the Help button until it selects the HDMI channel that your HD box is connected to.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
shokkyy

Thanks for that suggestion, but when I press TV/help nothing happens at all.

Super User
Mark39

Turn your tv to an input where you know you have a signal, e.g. tv, if you have a terrestrial aerial connected, make sure the Sky box is on, then use your tv remote to change the source to the hdmi port.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Have you tried the HDMI cable with any other HD source, eg Xbox, DVD player etc?

What Make & Model of tv do you have?

Regular Visitor
shokkyy

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I've got it working on the HDMI port now. In the end, what I did was connect the box to the TV using both the scart cable and the HDMI cable. Using the scart cable meant the TV was able to find a signal so I could select input source, and using the HDMI cable meant the TV was able to see the HDMI source so I could select it. Once I'd done that I just took off the scart cable and it's been working fine since, though I have to say I can't really see any obvious improvement in picture quality using HD.