Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
lorr
Accepted Solution

HD SELF SET UP

HAVE JUST SET UP MY NEW HD BOX AND WHEN I GO TO FINISH THE INSTALLATION I AM GETTING ERROR CODE "ISG-908"  WHEN I CALLED SKY THE MESSAGE WAS THAT THE CONTACT CENTRE IS CLOSED DUE TO THE WEATHER - FAIR ENOUGH BUT I'VE JUST USED MY OLD SKY CARD FROM MY SKY+ BOX - SHOULD I HAVE RECEIVED A NEW ONE - JUST A THOUGHT, ANYONE ANY IDEAS?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Mark39

Re: HD SELF SET UP

No idea what ISG-908 means. I don't think you'll get a new card, but your old card needs to be 'paired' with your new box. Unfortunately that means a call to the contact centre.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
sarge99-sky

Another user had a similar problem a few days ago when Sky's systems were down. It's probably the same sort of problem - unable to get a phoned verification from Sky to allow the card to be enabled.

It's a question of waiting until the lines are available again I think - sorry it's not much consolation.

If you agree with what I've posted or I've been able to help you - please add a kudo (pink button left of post) Thanks.
Occasional Visitor
Rachel89

You wouldn't receive a new card, you will keep the same current card it's just a new box. Your current card has the sky+ box details currently stored to it and no it has to be changed to the HD box details. This does mean ringing sky themselves, they are open it will just take longer to get through as there is alot of staff off work.