Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Palacegirl64

HD Plus box not recording

I seem to have an intermittent problem with my HD plus box.

We've recently noticed that some programmes we set to record, do not in fact do so, even though there is a valid signal, and we can watch programmes live or other programnes we've previously recorded.  All we get is a blue screen.

We've tried re-setting the box, and the cables have been checked over to make sure they're connected to the correct ports on the TV/box and so on.  They all look OK.

Please advise

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

Re: HD Plus box not recording

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried doing a planner rebuild?

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/index.h...

Also what make of the box is it (check on the back)

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
starsky17rich28

I find that when I set a programme to record, I get the R icon showing, but in fact it fails to record.

Can you help please.

Mike.

Super User
kato

See if rebooting the box helps.First turn your box off at the mains for 5 minutes,turn back on and wait another 4 minutes then retry.

If it still occurs after that the next thing to try would be a planner rebuild.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi Palacegirl64, 

As it has been a few days since your post, I was wondering if you are still having problems with the system? Did the advice from the community help at all? 

If not can you let me know what is happening with the system and we will advise further?

Also, welcome to the forum :smileyhappy:

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi starsky17rich28, 

First of all I would like to welcome you to the forum. 

Can you let me know if the planner rebuild that kato had given you has resolved this issue? If not, can you let me know what the reason is for the failed recording? You can find this out by pressing the "i" button on the failed programme. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
lizzymc10

Im having the same problem cant record or view my planner. i am trying to rebuild. how long does it take. the housekeeping message came up for a few sec and now i after 10mins nothing has happened

Frequent Visitor
lizzymc10

it has just gone back to the channel i was on with no picture just sound

Super User
caesarome

The planner rebuid shouldn't take any more than 5 minutes. If you have no sound try unplugging your box from the mains and leave it unplugged for 5 minutes before pwering it back up, wait another 4 minutes before using it again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi lizzymc10, 

Can you let me know how you got on with the advice that caesarome has given you? Are you still having problems with your system?

Please let me know you got on with the system?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
LINDACOGGS

Re: HD Plus box not recording & guide rebuild not worked, NOW no Anytime content!! HELP

[ Edited ]

Palacegirl64 wrote:

I seem to have an intermittent problem with my HD plus box.

We've recently noticed that some programmes we set to record, do not in fact do so, even though there is a valid signal, and we can watch programmes live or other programnes we've previously recorded.  All we get is a blue screen.

We've tried re-setting the box, and the cables have been checked over to make sure they're connected to the correct ports on the TV/box and so on.  They all look OK.

Please advise

I 've been having this same problem for last few weeks getting progressively worse. All satellite signal & power went down a few times during a bad weather a few weeks ago, then I only got partial EPG "further schedule info is not available" & "programme synopsis is not available" Then it stoppped recording my programmes, and gradually we have had no Sky HD+ anytime updates for the 2 weeks, all yesterdays were "Last Chance" with no new content added. I tried this solution & rebuilding my  SkyHD+ programme guide as advised it is no better. HELP!! I now have NO content on my Anytime & my old recordings have also gone now. I'm worse off than ever & quietly going mad, I will be gnawing cables in desperation next!

mrscutout
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Re: HD Plus box not recording & guide rebuild not worked, NOW no Anytime content!! HELP

Hi LINDACOGGS, 

Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. 

Can you try the steps on the following link and let me know how you get on? If you are still having a problem, can you let me know what the lock indicators are saying? You can find this out by pressing services on the remote control, followed by numbers 0 then 4. To get input 2 you need to press the Ch- button on the remote control to access page 2/2.

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
LINDACOGGS

Tried the steps to no avail, the input 1 lock is on input lock 2 is not, also it has no signal strength, nor signal quality. I think my Sky EYE has gone down now just to add fuel to the flames! :smileysad:

mrscutout
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi LINDACROSS, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

By following the information on the link I provided and the issue has not been resolved, unfortunately the next step would be a service call. 

Can you let me know if you have any warranty on the system? If not, we can provide the other options that are available to you.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
johnh63

Hi, when I try to record a programme the R logo doesn't appear/it isn't recording the programme. Although it seems to work when I record anytime programmes.

Thanks.