Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
24kief

Game of Thrones on anytime +

Last week I started watching Game of Thrones on Anytime+ - this week all but the first 2 episodes have disappeared.  Why do you not put a warning that programmes are about to be removed from anytime.  What is the point of leaving the first two episodes on there?  Are you getting a percentage from DVD sales?  I hope it's worth upsetting loyal customers for.  Seriously considering Virgin.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
lk57

Re: Game of Thrones on anytime +

Yes, we found the same thing.  We had a problem during the download and when we tried again, it had disappeared. 

I've been trying to find a way to speak to somebody about this but the telephone automatic system doesn't have any option for discussions on this.  I tired the "something doesn't work option" but again found myself faced with a range of options entirely inappropriate.  How do you get service or support on Anytime+?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
DrDamn

Same here. When we started watching I checked the Last Chance section to see whether it was about to disappear. It wasn't so I thought we were safe for a while. Now up to episode 5 and wanting more but they are gone.

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Guys,

If possible, could you let me know what the expiry date you were seeing on these particular episodes were?  This will then allow me to chase up if this is a fault or not.

Thanks,

The Future
TM2009

We are continuing to see what will I fear will remain the biggest frustration with the whole system:  it is only as good as this nonsensical rights system allows it to be.

Video on Demand, to my simple mind, means just that!  However Sky have continued to provide video on the terms that are just not fathomable to most viewers and much of it can scarcely be described as "on demand".  OK, expiry dates are provided but they make no sense at all  to most viewers - especially where they relate to TV shows as opposed to movies.

We are excited when Sky announce they have purchased the rights to the whole of HBO's back and future catalogue.   But then shows just get pulled almost randomly from the Anytime+ lists and huge boxsets - like 65  recently added episodes of the Sopranos - come on offer only to be taken off a few weeks later.

Why is it not possible for Sky to be transparent in these matters?  If you don't give us any explanations for this weirdness, it is inevitable that we will feel conned.

The Anytime+ system is so great in other ways, please give us more information on the how the licensing side of this thing works. 

----------------------------------------------
DRX895 via cable to SR101 (fibre)
I'm New Here
Gemma1985ok

The same thing has happened to me. It's so annoying. Do sky read this? I want to watch the rest of them I thought that was the point of anytime +.
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi Guys,

If possible, could you let me know what the expiry date you were seeing on these particular episodes were?  This will then allow me to chase up if this is a fault or not.

Thanks,

I'm New Here
jojogirly

We are having the same problem, or am I missing something. 

Series 1 only has episode 1 and 2 available to download - I dont understand why.  They should all be available to download.  When will they be available?

I'm New Here
sid1808

my sky plus has not recorded episode 6 of Game of thrones and just has a blue screen. does anyone know why? and when does it become available to watch on anytime?

Getting There
Rob+Noble

Also annoyed by this. Started watching the first season and last night tried to download the next episode ready to watch tomorrow, however only found the first 2 episodees of season 1, along with the current season. Any chance of the rest of season 1 being put online again?

Graduate
Stephen+Crow

All the programmes have expiry dates, download them before then and you haven't got a problem. Unrealistic to expect access to every episode of every show, what with the minefield that is video rights. I would expect the 6th episode of season 2 GoT to be on anytime+ by now. Anyone know why it isn't? Hope another rebuilding of the guide isn't needed!

Staff
Anne-M

Hi jojogirly, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, and welcome to the forum.

We are not aware of what programmes will be coming onto the Anytime+ service. You will be able to see what is on this service here.

With regards to showing the seasons you are missing, you are able to set up a Never Miss notification which will let you know within 7 days of the season being broadcast. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Staff
Anne-M

Hi sid1808, 

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the community.

Was it just this episode that was affected with a blue screen? Do you have this issue on any other recordings?

The first thing I would try is a planner rebuild, this may not correct the episode issue however it should help with future recordings. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Staff
Anne-M

Hi Rob+Noble, 

I have answered this enquiry in the post to jojogirly. I am sorry we are not able to be more specific for you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Getting There
DrDamn

[ Edited ]

@GarryC

I didn't see an expiry date sorry - though as mentioned above I did check the Last Chance section.

The first 6 episodes of season one are back - initially it was the first 5 and now 6 has been added. Hopefully the others soon?