Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Super User
caesarome

Re: Sky Wi-fi booster.

phrobr wrote:
Update: Went in to my account and now says booster confirmed! However, also says £5 extra on bill which is not applied. It's a mystery how their billing situation works. I am assuming that no extra will be applied but will keep a close eye on the situation!

I have given up trying to figure out how their billing system works but just to say I am getting the same when I placed an order for a free wireless hub. All I can think of is that I have Sky Go Extra for free and that is usually £5 a month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
The+Pecker

I am having the same problem as others as am not able to order the Wireless Booster - another great performance from Sky! They must have known that the offer was popular and are probably trying to restrict the supply - what price customer loyalty!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
nothappy2012

[ Edited ]

nope still can not get it ordered.. not a happy bunny.  :robotmad: why ?

Contributor
nothappy2012

ok now i can get it ordered, but not through the free booster link.. :mansurprised:

and when i check its saying=  £20 one off cost why ? anyone !!!!

this is looking like the sky go scandle i/we had on android devices... grrrr

Super User
caesarome

Update from Sky here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Setup-Connection-WiFi/Free-wifi-booster/m-p/1543297#U1543297

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Matt+Smith+74

I am getting really annoyed now.  we have been trying for four days to claim our free wi-fi booster in order for our children to play on X box live.  You simply cannot order one off the website and everytime we ring up we're told that their is a problem with the website.  We were told that we could order over the phone but would have to pay £20, the original price.

Sky are clearly treating their customers like idiots.  Publicise a free offer and then no one can get it.  Eventually we get bored or nagged to death by our children and give in and spend £20. 

For the small fortune we pay a month I expect far better service than this. 

Super User
caesarome

What happens when you try to order it ?

Have you tried using Google Chrome to order it ?

Do you qualify for a free one, have you read this:

http://community.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Setup-Connection-WiFi/Free-Wireless-Booster-Offer/ta-p/1543905

I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
DMR61

@caesarome. We were exchanging posts on this. Did you get to the bottom of the extra £5/month for your hub upgrade?
Super User
caesarome

DMR61 wrote:
Did you get to the bottom of the extra £5/month for your hub upgrade?

Nope, I haven't got a clue what it means and have had no reply as yet from Sky on it.

I do not work for Sky.
Frequent Visitor
PhilB76

Its as easy as 1,2,3 they say hahaha what a joke

Community Coordinator
Erekala

Hi guys,

Thanks for keeping us up to date about any problems you are having with this offer.

There are still a few gremlins in the system that we are working through:smileyfrustrated: but as my colleagues have stated here if you can continue to keep us informed about any issues you are having this will enable us to get a fix in place for affected customers that much sooner.

Thanks,

Stephen

Community Coordinator

Forum Help http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/help/faqpage

Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.

Visitor
FireWalkerUK

[ Edited ]

I received my wireless booster thsi morning at around 10:30am this morning. Weird thing was as I answered the door to take the package from the postman my phone received a text from Royal Mail that the booster would be delivered today. I had ordered it online on 27th of December and was surprised it arrived so quickly. It had taken a few goes to order it and I had called sky twice but eventually the order went through.

Any how I installed this in the back room of my 2 bedroom bungalow where I had been having problems getting a signal from my SR101 router even though the PC was no more than 10mtrs from the router there is a brick wall and a stud wall between the router and the PC. I also have to admit that the router sits below and to the side of my TV cabinet and there is a flat panel T.V. mounted on the opposite side of the stud wall.

OK so I connected the booster to my PC via ethernet and set up the booster via WPS and 'Hey Presto' a good solid wifi connection which has run un-interrupted for 14hrs with no dropout or any other issues. I can even stream Sky Go to my PC which wasn't possible up until this point.

To my further delight using WiFi Analyzer on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I am getting -60 dBm ( about a 70% signal ) from the wireless booster at the bottom of my rear garden which is 15mtrs beyound the external brick wall. which means that all my wireless devices now work anywhere on or around my property with no problems.

OK so this is only the first day but I really can't foresee any major changes or issues unless the booster develops a fault but I don't even want to think about that.

Great offer Sky. Many thanks from a customer who only 14 months ago was mourning the loss of Virgin Media because I had to move out to the suburbs of East Belfast. Now I'm a Sky convert.

Regular Visitor
mazatroll

[ Edited ]

Identical experience to firewalker above & to add what a cute little box. Looked massive on website but is very inconspicuous and connected first time using WPS. Now have airplay all over my 'castle' not just in the residential wing. Thanks Sky, great offer, off to renew my Sky talk for another year! Overjoyed.

Community Coordinator
Jason-H

Hi FireWalkerUK & mazatroll.

It's brilliant to see that you guys have received your Sky Wireless Boosters this morning and these seem to be working beyond your expectations. :smileyhappy:

If you have any future issues or questions feel free to create a new thread. Did you know that you can also find us on Facebook and Twitter?

Cheers,

Jason-H
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
CVR
CVR

Re: Free wifi booster

Hi Andy. We've had Sky broadband for many years, we have a Netgear router. I was unable to order a free booster, but after several attempts I did manage to order a Hub (for free). I got to the final page of the order process but never received a confirmation email. I spoke to someone on the phone who could find no record of my order; however after I'd hung up I had a text through advising me to wait for further instructions. This was on Wednesday. I've heard nothing since. In My Orders it still says the hub is being prepared for dispatch. Have I ordered it or not? It's no longer in My Offers (nor is a free booster). I understand that after 7 days I can order a booster but is that likely to be before the offer expires?

Thanks