Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
Michael70

Free sky anytime+ wireless connector???

Hi

I am confused about the latest offer offering a free sky anytime+ wireless connector for existing customers.  The advertising states; "Exclusive to customers with Sky Movies 1 & 2, Sky+HD box and Broadband Unlimited".  I have all channels except the sports, I have a Sky+HD box with active HD subscription, I also have sky broadband unlimited.

When I click on the link for the free wireless connector and then sign in it no longer offers me the free connector.  When I search for the connector there is a £60 charge.  I did contact sky customer support earlier and asked about the offer but they were unable to help also as it was showing a £60 charge on their system too.

I was wondering if I am missing something as I seem to have the things it states in the advertising to qualify for the free wireless connector.

Thanks

Michael

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Free sky anytime+ wireless connector???

The steps you have to take regarding this offer have been posted here:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Anytime-Anytime/Free-wireless-Anytime-Connector/m-p/233441/highlight...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
Michael70

Thanks for the link but after reading the threads I guess my query is answered.

Visitor
AndyGrey

I’ve been with sky for many many years, I think it must be 15+ now. The only two things I think I have ever had for free from Sky is my first ever SD box and a router for the broadband. I paid for my Sky+ box and I even paid when I replaced that with a Sky+HD box only for them to start giving them away to new HD customers within a month!

So in my case I had Anytime+ activated a little while ago when I phoned to upgrade my package and was asked if I wanted it at the same time, I explained that I wouldn’t be able to use the service as my router was in another room with my computer, but they activated it anyway. I’ve tried it once with an extra long cable but it’s just too much hassle and looks like a dog’s dinner. I wouldn’t mind a free wireless box so I could at least use the service from time to time but not for £60. I’m already paying out around £90 a month, come on Sky give us existing customers (even us already on anytime+ but cant use it !!!!!!) some joy for a change and let use have a free wireless box as well, the anytime+ service is free anyway so how does this make any difference if it’s a new setup or not ?

Occasional Visitor
Big+Mr+B

Just been caught out with the same thing. Heard the advert, I'm an existing customer, but they aren't going to give me a free wireless controller as I already have anytime+ set up. It's only been used twice as ive got a 15 foot cable between the router and sky box, and it is completely impractical to use. The advert is completely misleading and they shouldn't be allowed to air something like that, I hope they get pulled up over it. I've put a complaint in, not raising my hopes, but it's a point of principle now.
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi all,

In regards to the recent Anytime+ advert, we have now posted a reply on this thread. If you would like to post any feedback then please post it on the thread above.

Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
Brian+Jackson

I also contacted Sky to be told that I did not qualify as I had already activated Sky anytime+ but I pointed out that there was no mention of this on the website. They would not back down, but have now put a message on the website to this effect.

I also reported them to the Office of Fair Trading who agreed that the advert was mis leading

Occasional Visitor
Andrew-Johnson

I've reported them to Watchdog, and if they don't get back to me shortly with a positive response, then I'll be reporting them to the Advertising Standards Authority & office of Fair Trading.

They need to realise they need to be clear with their advertising and not go changing it part way through their offer.

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

[ Edited ]

Hi Brian+Jackson and Andrew-Johnson,

Brian+Jackson I am sorry your first post to the Sky Forum is regarding the free Sky anytime+ wireless connector offer and not being eligible for this.

I can appreciate how frustrating for both of you to not be able to take advantage of this offer, with every offer Sky advertise there are terms and conditions attached.

If you were advised that you were not eligible for this offer and you feel this is not the case then please contact us to  escalate this to be looked into further.

Please let us know how you get on.

Tricia07
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Welchy49

I have just signed up for Anytime plus but was suprised that I needed a wireless connector at £60.I have been with Sky for over  15 years and paid Sky over £9000. Surely Sky could provide these boxes free to loyal customers. I can all ready access films via itunes so maybe will not bother so no extra income to Sky.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi Welchy49,

You can also connect your router to your Sky+HD box without the need of a wireless connector and this is now available on any ISP.

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
gorbs

How do you connect to the router without the "wireless connector"?

Community Coordinator
jason-d

Good Afternoon gorbs

First of all welcome to the Sky Help Forum and thanks for taking the time to make your first post.

There are two ways enable a connection to your compatiable Sky+HD box from a router. The other option without using a 'wireless connector' would be to run an ethernet cable from the router to your Sky+HD box. You can see how to do this here.

I hope this helps you get your Anytime+ up and running.

Thanks

jason-d
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
gorbs

The distance is too far to use a cable and I do not want to spend £60 as I already spend over £70 per month so Iguess Anytime+ is not for me.

Occasional Visitor
RichardBMitchell

As usual, loyal customers get nothing. If Sky want people to use Anytime+ they should give the equipment needed for free, even if that means a wireless connector. I can't believe that the wireless adapters cost £60, it's just another way of Sky making more money off their customers. Maybe it's time to consider a move to cable. !