Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
sam.i.am
Accepted Solution

Forgotton my router log-in details :/

I have a D-Link router provided by Sky but I have forgotten the details to log-in to the router.

I have tried all the default ones such as admin/admin, admin/sky, admin/password but nothing. I have even tried all my own personal usernames/passwords to no avail.

How can I reset it back to default?

Also, am I able to use my own router with Sky Broadband Connect?

Thanks guys.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Forgotton my router log-in details :/

I have a Netgear router and there is a little hole where you can push a pen done it to reset it back to the state it was when you first got it, perhaps there is one on your router.

Sky's terms and conditions state that you must use the router that you are supplyed with, this is so should you have a problem they would have knowledge of your router which they would have if you were using one of many others that are out there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
doodlebug2

how do i find my sky broadband password ? i need it to set up a kindle electric reader.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi doodlebug2, 

You can find the network key printed in capital letters on the sticker stuck to your router. 

The Kindle does not appear to have a caps lock key, your network key is case sensitive so you may need to enter it by pressing the shift key before each character.

Hope this helps.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
macbeth28

I have recently bought a Kindle and my password does not seem to work please could you cofirm my user name and password. with thanks A.A.Herbert

Super User
caesarome

When you enter you network key as you have to do you will have to hold down the shift key before you enter every character, this is because the kindle doesn't have a caps key and you have to enter the network key in capitals.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
judith123

thank you for the advice worked straight away x