Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
MattBee

Fibre in my area?

Okay, so I checked the openreach site, http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/, and the closest exchange to me is the bridgeton exchange, and i'm pretty sure that's the one im on and it says they're accepting orders yet when i phoned up they said there's no fibre optic in my area. 

Any idea when it'll be available in my area?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Staff
John-B

Re: Fibre in my area?

Hi MattBee

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you try our broadband checker as this should let you know if you can order fibre broadband from us.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
MattBee

Yeah broadband checker says It's no available to me. I'm wondering when it will be available in my area of the exchange is accpeting offers for fibre optic according to the open reach site.

Senior Member (Bronze)
flamey

If you are connected to the Bridgeton exchange this is enabled for FTTC. This doesn't mean its available to you though unless you have the new cab installed and active which you are connected to.
Regular Visitor
MattBee

Ahh okay, but will it be enabled soon for sky too in my area? or is that unknown?

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi MattBee, have you tried the BT Infinity availability checker? Does this show it's available to you?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
MattBee

Yeah I checked it and BT infinity isn't available to me either. 

Contributor
paulw49

Hi MattBee

To confirm which is your telephone exchange click ExchangeFinder if you haven't already done so it's worth using Sky's online fibre availability checker to register your interest.keep an eye on the infinity checker,once it advises "Fibre Available Now" you'll know your street cabinet is FTTC ready.If you've registered an interest in Sky Fibre Sky should contact you when Sky Fibre BB becomes available for you to order,in the mean time keep using Sky's online Fibre availability checker .:smileyhappy:

photo 2785434328.png
Regular Visitor
MattBee

Yeah I was right about the exchange i was on. But why does the open reach checker say that it's available and accepting orders but no where seems to do it in my area?

Occasional Visitor
imorgan632

I've recently just had Sky Broadband installed into my area and am extreamly happy with it. With not know what i would get speed wise i just thought i'm having sky TV installed i mays well have sky broadband installed. To my horror when BT came to install our internet they said and told us that our AREA is a fibre area and through BT we would recieve speeds off around 54MBPS. Sky have stated i'm not in a fibre area..... so what is going on am i in a fibre area or am i not in a fibre area ... going further i asked next door what they had and they do indeed have BT infinity speeds of up to 74MBPS averaging around 54MBPS where i've been told there is no fibre in our area and i'm going to now have to wait untill my sky braodband contract ends before i can move to BT. SKY PLEASE WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ACTIVATE MY LINE FOR FIBRE ON SKY INSTEAD OF HAVING TO WAIT!!!!!

Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Hi imorgan632, 

Thank you for taking the time to post & sorry for the delay in replying. 

Can you please put your full postcode here, & give me your exchange code & I'll check availability at the exchange.

I look forward to your reply.

LauraMac
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
lupid

Hi,

My exchange code is LWWEM. Can you tell me if it's available at my exchange please?

Super User
speedyrite

[ Edited ]

There is an detailed post here (written by another member) that  might help you.

It explains how to check the availability of Sky Fibre to your line/address:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Fibre-Broadband/Sky-Fibre-Availability/m-p/850190#M8223

"All opinions are my own, other advice may be available and may differ from mine.
I do not work for Sky, I'm just a customer like you!
If my advice has helped you, say thanks by clicking on thumbs up"
Occasional Visitor
lupid

Well that link has answered my question :smileysad:

Thank you for the extremely quick response though! :smileyhappy:
Contributor
neilt

i have had bt infinity 2 for over a year now and infinity before that but when i asked about sky fibre its not available in my area how come you use the lines openreach installed