Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
sjl52

Fault reporting

I am trying to find out how my fault is progressing, I cannot keep phoning using my mobile due to cost, yet when I go on to my sky it tells me I have no outstanding faults. Is this common, how can I find out?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
StacieB

Re: Fault reporting

Hi sjl52,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry that your fault tracker has not updated, can I ask what you were advised when on call to the call centre regarding the fault?

If the fault has been passed to our second tier support team, then this can take up to 72 hours for them to get back in contact with you regarding the fault.

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
sjl52

I wasn't told anything other than it can take up to 5 days to fix but it will definately get done, I was cut off the first time I called but on the second call I was offered and given a call back on my mobile when I said how expensive it was, which was much appreciated.

As an up date though I have to say I was impressed by the speed the fault [apparantly a faulty underground line] was fixed, and the fact I was contacted by BT outreach and by a sky coordinator to advise me of this.  Thank you for restoring my service so quickly. Nothing you can do to speed up my broadband I suppose!!??!! :-)

Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Hi sjl52,

I am glad to see that the issue is resolved and you were happy with the length of time this took to be done.

With regards to your broadband speed, you can have a look at this link and try the available troubleshooting.  If this does not help, then I would recommend you make a post in our Broadband Speed board and someone will be more than happy to help you increase your speed if possible.

Thanks,