Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
piglet

Failed Recording Technical Fault - 10

Can anyone help me , all of my recordings yesterday failed with the message 'Technical Fault-10' have done the switch off etc but still won't record tonight from the planner- it will record if you press R .

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Failed Recording Technical Fault - 10

See if a planner rebuild helps.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
MicheleMM

This happened me two nights ago but only realised today when I went to watch the programme I thought had recorded. Today nothing would record and I kept getting the same error. I unplugged the box from the wall and plugged it back in. Probably not the recommended action, but it's recording ok now and all seems fine. I'll probably try the rebuild next time round if the error happens again.

Occasional Visitor
virgin+media

Hi guys, yes please help required!! Same scenario here on my sky+ box (not Hd) but with both tech fault 9 and also tech fault 10 have recently appeared where it shows it's recording and then when you go to watch it later there's nothing there ! Is there a way off rebuilding or rebooting a sky + box not HD in the same way?? Thanks for any help!
Super User
kato

virgin+media wrote:
Hi guys, yes please help required!! Same scenario here on my sky+ box (not Hd) but with both tech fault 9 and also tech fault 10 have recently appeared where it shows it's recording and then when you go to watch it later there's nothing there ! Is there a way off rebuilding or rebooting a sky + box not HD in the same way?? Thanks for any help!

This is the Sky+ Planner Rebuild

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
redsunny88

I am having this problem repeatedly. What does this mean?  Is it a software problem? I have done a planner rebuild and updated the software.  I have contacted Sky and they talked me through the same process.   It will record manually but if I set a programe to record it will start then fail.  This is getting annoying as Im paying out a lot per month for basicly half the features.

Contributor
AndrueCope

I think it means HDD failure. I have had two bouts of TF7 the second of which became a terminal TF10. I've posted more info to the TF7 thread.

Visitor
Johngilham

I have a 1tb HD box which is now out of warranty. I am sick and tired of so many fault 10 and faul 7 on so many of my recordings. I have reset the planner more times than I care to remember and also done a full reset many times. What is the point of having a 1tb recorder if everything you really want to record fails.Quite frankly I am about to go to Virgin and see if they can offer vert ther service.