Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
Lasor

FREE But NOT FREE wireless connector

[ Edited ]

What a rip off.

I borrowed my sons wireless connector from his xbox to setup and take a look at sky anytime + I have since returned his wireless connector and thought I will wait until I can afford the sky wireless connector (£60)

However good news the sky wireless connector is now being offered Free to existing customers and new customers until 22nd may 2011.

I of course tried to get one but because I have registered with sky anytime + I am not entitled to one. I am now unable to watch sky anytime + unless I purchase a wireless connector (£60).

I think sky have enough money of me each month (£92 bill this month) Well may be it time to give Virgin my money. I'm sick of Sky always adding little catches in their terms and conditions too grab every penny they can from existing loyal customers.. 

Well done sky looks like you are going to lose another loyal customer.:smileymad:

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Senior Member (Gold)
S1

Re: FREE But NOT FREE wireless connector

As you have already proved, you do not have to use a Sky wireless Adaptor, second hand Xbox ones can be purchased for around £19.99.  For info Virgin Media services on a like for like basis more expensive and far less HD content

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Regular Visitor
Lasor

@S1 Many thanks for your reply. But I think you are missing the point.

None Sky Customer - Wireless Connector FREE

Existing Sky Customer - Wireless Connector FREE

Existing Sky Customer Who registered with Anytime + Wireless Connector NOT FREE

With regards to Virgin being more expensive I would suggest it depends on what you want from your TV/Web/Phone package, plus the choice of having more on demand content and the option of 50 meg broadband instead of 4 meg.

Super User
caesarome

So buy a second hand one for £19.99 then. This is the way companies work and that some people like you will miss out. I don't even know if I will get the wireless connector for free or not has my box hasn't been updated yet and like other people on here are still waiting.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Senior Member (Gold)
S1

Lazor,

We all have our personal preferences and different needs from our services, I personally feel from experience of both Virgin and Sky I know which I would choose every time.  Good luck with whichever you choose:smileywink:

Contributor
johninboro2

I have just taken broadband and phone services from Sky within the last 2 weeks and now I find that I am NOT entitled to a FREE Wireless connector.  This is totally disgusting, Sky should provide these devices to their customers, and I for one will be sending them an email to ask them for one free of charge as I am NOT paying £60 for one

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi johninboro2, while we supply a wireless router and the necessary cabling and filters for it with broadband the equipment required to connect to the router with another device is not something we supply as standard.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
johninboro2

It has just been advertised on Sky 2, a free wireless connector for new sky broadband customers (paying £7.50 per month)

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Unless the offer was available and requested or offered when you signed up it would not apply I'm afraid.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Contributor
johninboro2

I believe I have 30 days in which to cancel my service, is this correct?

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

There is a 30 day cooling off period on Sky+HD, yes.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Contributor
johninboro2

is there a 30 day cooling off period on the broadband/phone service?

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

8 days on broadband from activation, router delivery or engineer installation (whichever  comes last). Sky Talk can only be cancelled up until activation unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
Crowface

how do you use the xbox 360 connector for anytime plus? do you just plug it into usb slot at back of sky box?

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

[ Edited ]

Hi Crowface, The USB connection will not provide a network connection to the Sky+HD box only the Ethernet port.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator