Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Explorer
super-killie

Re: F@st2504n

SKY sent me the  F@st2504n router around April this year as a replacement for my former SKY netgear one.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
KingfisherUK

Sorry, my fault, should have read the date of the original post! Glad the firmware update seems to have fixed it though.

I am not a Sky employee, any opinions in my posts are entirely my own.

Sky usually send out old stock if its for a free replacement - if your a new customer or paying you get a hub
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Test Socket - Router Stats - inSSIDer - TCP Optimizer - DNS Benchmark - Speedchart
Service Updates - Troubleshooting - Pingtest - Speedtest - Do you need a MAC.?
Improve your Wi-Fi - Planner Rebuild & System Reset
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Explorer
super-killie

That's true...they did offer me the Hub for £35 or so, or a F@st2504n for free. Considering the bad press that the hub gets on here regarding it's poor wifi reception, I didn't think it seemed a wothwhile extra. Am I missing any great benefits?

El Capo
Oliver341

super-killie wrote:

That's true...they did offer me the Hub for £35 or so, or a F@st2504n for free. Considering the bad press that the hub gets on here regarding it's poor wifi reception, I didn't think it seemed a wothwhile extra. Am I missing any great benefits?

Not really, the specs are very similar.

Oliver.
Super User
snadge+100

sorry for the late reply...busy

they are almost identical, infact apart from firmware theres no real difference in terms of hardware - the wifi should perform similar to each other, if it doesnt then its down to firmware and not hardware

2504N = BCM6362 (DECT capabilitys in chipset)

HubV1 = BCM6361 (no DECT capability in chipset)

wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom

Test Socket - Router Stats - inSSIDer - TCP Optimizer - DNS Benchmark - Speedchart
Service Updates - Troubleshooting - Pingtest - Speedtest - Do you need a MAC.?
Improve your Wi-Fi - Planner Rebuild & System Reset
Getting There
GRAYGDH

I've started having the same problem with my WI-FI. All of my families devices that connect over WI-FI, wont reconnect after they have gone out of range or have been turned off and on again! 

Whats worrying me is that I am running 6.14.6a4N-UNI Firmware on my f@ST2504n.

I have tried all the steps you tried but still have the problem.