Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
StuMiddleton84
Accepted Solution

Error code 104!

Afternoon everyone,

Recently my Sky+HD box has been saying there is not a telephone line connnected. I have tried swapping cables with new ones. I have tried connecting it straight into the phone socket instead of through my ADSL filter. Still nothing.

The error code 104 message comes up when trying to view my bill on through the Sky box. However yesterday, I managed to view a movie from the Sky store. Surely the phone line is required for this?

Is it an issue with the box itself?

Thanks in advance.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Re: Error code 104!

Hi StuMiddleton84,

Welcome to the community :smileyhappy:

The error code 104 means that the box believes that the telephone like is engaged. Can you check the following and let us know how you get on?

• The phone point that the box is connected to - do you get a dial tone (this can be checked by plugging a phone only to the phone point)
  • Is there any voicemails on the line that have not been listened to.
  • Also, that when you are seeing this error message - is anyone using the phone

Thanks

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
StuMiddleton84

Thank you Anne. The problem was a new BT Answer 1571 message. Everything is working as normal now.
Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi StuMiddleton84,

That's fantastic news :smileyhappy:

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that everything is working OK, I hope that your feedback will help other users who may see the same error code.

Hope to see you around more on the forum again.

Regards,
Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
FYFFEE

It happens ti me cant access sky services when someone is on the phone
Super User
Mark39

That's normal. Your Sky box uses the phone line to access the interactive services such as your bills, and clearly can't do so if the phone's in use.

SkyChrisP

You would think they would update software to give you the option of using your boradband connection if your Sky Box is hooked up to your router...