Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
ANG25

Error 25

My channels have been going on and of for the last few months and displaying error 25. Sky told me I have to pay 65 pounds for an engineer which I refuse to do since I pay a fortune as it is. I am on the verge of cancelling my subscription with sky and go with another provider.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Sasha79

Re: Error 25

Hi

I have the same problem! Called SKY only to be told that I will either need a replacement box, costing nearly 200 pounds or try an engineer to start with that costs around 65 pounds. I might have a problem with my SKY+HD box...well, I do not think I should be charged for no fault of my own...

I have learnt that this is the only way to get this sorted...looks like I am being penalised for being with SKY. I thought they take pride in the customer services and help they provide to the existing customers...I am very frustrated to say the least!

Any one at SKY willing to answer this???

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
AvoriazSkier

How old is your installation? Channels going on and off usually indicates a slightly mis-aligned dish or failing LNB or cabling issues. All of these things can be put down to fair wear and tear which is not Sky's responsibility. Only an engineer visit is going to resolve your problems unless you are competent to do it yourself. £65 is a very reasonable cost for such a visit.
Occasional Visitor
maherser1

Can anyone help. Getting error 25 here too. Some days it work others it doesn't buy it's getting more frequent. The sky channels work but that's it. Have turned it on/off and wires at back are ok. Just checked dish and there are 4 wires going into dish but one of them is out. Could this be the reason? TV tends to work when the weather is windy....
ANG25

The best solution is to not pay your bill and let them cut you off. After a week or so of being cut off, ring them and pay your bill an explain the the rep what was happening an they will send signals. I haven't had any further problems with this issue since doing this.
Super User
AvoriazSkier

If the problem is with your dish or LNB no amount of signalling is going to resolve the issue!
ANG25

I had an engineer come and test dish alignment and equipment and all was fine! This is just another money making scam by SKY!!!
Super User
AvoriazSkier

Have your problems gone away since the engineer visited?
ANG25

The engineer didn't do anything because he couldn't find a fault. The problems only stopped when I had my services cut off and the put back on.
Community Coordinator
lainys

Hello Ang, 

Thank you for your recent post, Can you confirm that the problems has stopped and you are back up and running?

Can you please try to record a program and watch something on another channel and let  me know if you are able to do this or not?

I look forward to your reply 

Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
ANG25

Hi. Everything is working perfectly. I can record whilst watching another channel, pause, rewind etc... not sure what was causing the error25 but I do know that it is not my equipment or my dish alignment. The help I received from SKY reps to rectify the error was shocking to say the least! The only useful help I received was from the nice SKY rep I spoke to to reactivate my services once I'd paid my bill. I definitely believe that the fault was caused by SKY somehow.
Community Coordinator
lainys

Hello again Ang.

Thank you for your replying to my post however, I'm more than sorry to read you were not happy with the service you got from our agents.

Please accept our apologise for this. We do not want any of our customers to feel unhappy with the service.

Normally Error 25 is caused by output 2 connection on your Sky Box. Can you confirm if you were also getting the No Satellite Signal message on your screen?

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Super User
AvoriazSkier

How could the engineer not find a fault if he did nothing? He must have at least connected a meter to your system!
ANG25

Of course he connected a meter to my system!!! That's when he told me he couldn't find any faults. Are you a rep from SKY?
js5
Occasional Visitor
js5

Same issue here.. any means to correct the error 25