Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Regular Visitor
bstk7

Entertainment Extra vs Entertainment Extra +

My TV package after the sept price increase will cost me £35.75 a month (Entertainment Extra £27.00, Sky + HD £11.25 & a price freeze discount from when the packages were merged a while back).  I spoke to someone at sky last night who was clearly as confused as I was about the various packages availalbe.  So my questions are this.

1.  Would it be cheaper for me to upgrade to the Entertainment Extra + package at £32.00 a month assuming that includes the HD channels I watch (Living, Atlantic, Sky1 etc) and that I wouldn't need to keep the Sky + HD at £11.25.

2.  What is the Sky+HD package?  Am I right in thinking it allows you to watch the channels you have in your package in HD if they are available? 

I have to say that as a HD customer I find the website packages and choices very confusing!  I just want to make sure i'm using what i'm paying for.

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Entertainment Extra vs Entertainment Extra +

To answer your questions:

1. Yes I think it would be cheaper for you to upgrade.

2. The HD pack at £11.25 used to be the only way you could watch pay HD channels via Sky. But now Sky have introduced the EE+ pack the HD part ands 3D is included in it so as you do not have Movies or Sports then I do believe it would be cheaper to upgrade.

What you could do is go through the upgrade route online as it will show you your new monthly price.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
bstk7

All sorted thanks!  I spoke to Sky last night and they've upgraded me to EE+ resulting in a reduced cost!  I'm a little annoyed that as a customer I wasn't informed that I was effectively on the wrong package and that by upgrading I could save money.  It would be good customer service if all customers on the EE and HD Pack (old plan) were automatically transferred over. 

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi bstk7,

Glad to see that you have the package sorted.

The pack you had was transferred to the nearest new one available. You can check here to see all the different options available.

Hope this helps and we hear from you on the forum again soon.

Cheers,

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Super User
rscott

One thing to be aware of - if you were previously getting Sky Sports F1, you may not have it in the new bundle.
Occasional Visitor
Fabstock

Hi, I just got off the phone with Sky. Entertainment Extra+ has all the HD channels except F1 HD. Also, if you have movies and sport, you will loose HD on those also but you can pay extra to get HD back on them. I opted to switch to EE+ which will save me £5.25/mth.