Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
pink+princess

Email from other accounts not being received

I have spent hours yesterday trying to sort out my email as I have several email addresses ( from different providers) feeding into my main Sky email address and this was not working. Thought I had fixed it as all of a sudden I got a load of messages from yesterday in my sky email from those email addresses...however these messages have now stopped coming through ??

For SKy to say that this has been a relatively smooth transition with few problems versus the the amount of pages filled with problems on this forum I don't know how I am going to get help ?? Sky chat is conveniently unavailable. I really dont feel that Sky are listening:smileyfrustrated:

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
TheoT

Re: Email from other accounts not being received

I had a similar problem when I found my other account settings had't been migrated to Yahoo.

Problems didn't stop after setting up the other account in Yahoo.

Only some of my emails were arriving. I even noticed one email disappear into the ether. I suspected that they are probably sitting on a google server which is still collecting from the account.

Changing the account password stopped them disappearring but I haven't recovered the others.

Couldn't seem to get my point across on live chat.

As yet unresolved is that I collect my mail using a outlook client and only sky emails are arriving.

I found that mail from the other account was only collected via Yahoo webmail and clicking the refresh icon which only appears when you pass your mouse over the Inbox button in lefthand panel.

Once they are in the Inbox outlook can collect them.

There doesn't appear to be any options to set up periodic collection or any history like there used to be with google.

I've lost so much time trying work out what was going on.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
pink+princess

I have now started using Gmail as SKY do not seem to be able to grasp that my problem is not linked to these big downloads people are experiencing.

My problem is 'not getting current emails I should be getting' ( for the email accounts i have set up to forward to my main SKY email account ) and not as a majority of users are experiencing of 'getting emails that have previously been deleted from years ago'. My query is nothing to do with setting up my email on any other devices as i only use email on my laptop, it is how my SKY email was set up with forwarding from my other email addresses so I only have to use one email account , i only use email on my laptop but I cannot seem to get my point across.

I cannot understand why the forwarding from my other accounts has stopped as in order to set up the forwarding I have only had to supply my email address and password not any other settings or servers ??? It just doesn't make any kind of logical sense why for a period on Thursday I got Thursdays emails in a job lot in the evening from the said forwarding accounts and since then nothing from these accounts. Only emails received since Thursday other than the 1 drop have been mail addressed to my SKY email account. - any forwarded emails to this account have not been received.

I have used forwarding to Gmail instead so all my accounts are held in one place as per my old sky email, rather than having to log into various applications. Whilst this is not the ideal solution ( as SKY shouldnt have stuffed up and messed about with something that was working well for customers ) it is the only resolution ~I can see.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Good pink+princess and TheoT,

I would like to apologise on behalf of Sky for all the issues you've had with your emails and we are working hard on resolving a number of different issues.

If you are experiencing problems while trying to access or receive your emails on a mobile device or email client then read over this help article and complete the steps from the section titled "Unable to receive emails".

Let me know how you get on and I look forward to hearing from you both!

Thanks,

Contributor
pink+princess

GregorA wrote:

Good pink+princess and TheoT,

I would like to apologise on behalf of Sky for all the issues you've had with your emails and we are working hard on resolving a number of different issues.

If you are experiencing problems while trying to access or receive your emails on a mobile device or email client then read over this help article and complete the steps from the section titled "Unable to receive emails".

Let me know how you get on and I look forward to hearing from you both!

Thanks,

No not on a mobile device or email client

Just on my  laptop trying to access emails in the normal way

Just to note though for a short period on Thursday about 9pmish i received about 50 emails in my sky account from my ntl world email address ( all thursdays emails ) but then nothing since. i did think the forwarding had therfore been fixed but never received any more from my forwarded accounts since !

Occasional Visitor
Andy681

How do I set them up in yahoo can't work it out cheers

Andy
Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Hi pink+princess,

Whilst you may have received some further emails on the Thursday the migration process is not fully complete even though we are hoping this will be very soon. This may be the cause of you not receiving your emails up to this point. Have you checked your other accounts on their own webmail service to see if emails have came through via their service?

Thanks,

Pete
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
pink+princess

Peter-Ed

I am still receiving the forwarding emails ( current )  in my SKY Gmail account ( old sky account) which i have managed to gain access to. But none are being forwarded to my new SKy yahoo account.

I have instead set up Gmail and all emails from forwarding accounts are being received there so there is most definately no issue of the emails being sent to my other email addresses as proven by them being received in gmail

The issue being they are not being forwarded to my SKY Yahoo email.

I am receiving my emails addressed to my primary account in the new Yahoo, just not the forwarded ones as per my settings in my old Sky email account

Community Coordinator
Peter-Ed

Hi pink+princess,

Can you explain what you mean by old Gmail and new Yahoo! as this is a migration we are going through and the issues you are describing would sound like you are right in the middle of this. What I don't understand is what you mean by old account and new account as it is the same one?

Thanks,

Pete
Community Coordinator

Contributor
pink+princess

[ Edited ]

Via a link I have posted ( originally posted by another user) I am able to access my SKY account I had prior to the switchover on Thursday. within this account are all the emails that I have set up to be forwarded to my sky account and they continue to be currently  received there. However these are the only emails being received here , the ones addressed to my primary account are only being received as per below.

The new yahoo account is the new account setup/provider whatever yo want to call it SKy implemented from Thursday - this account I am only receiving emails addressed to that account.

Both accounts I can access are for my primary email address with SKY using my primary address as log in

my email address eg

pinkprincess@sky.com ( this isnt my email address used for explaining purposes only )

Use link to access pre thursday account (  I call this my old SKY email account) log in using above email address  - shows all emails to my forwarded accounts which are still being recived AFTER thursday switchover but with no emails actually addressed to pinkprincess@sky.com being recived here ( only ones from my ntl world accounts and from my husbands sky email)

Access the SKy email from Thursday onwards using above email as my log in takes me to the Yahoo Sky email account ( I call this my new SKY email account ) the only emails i recive in the account are ones addressed to pinkprincess@sky.com

I should be able to access all emails in new account except I cannot, I can only get ones addressed to that specific account and NOT the forwarded ones I have previously set up prior to switchover

I hope this clarifies what I mean from OLD ( pre Thursday) NEW ( thursday onwards)

Occasional Visitor
TheoT

Hi Peter

I've lost emails from an other account which I'd setup to to be collected by Sky(Gmail) but you say forwarded?

I want to check we are talking the same thing.

How did you get access to your old sky gmail account?

I had sky email setup to collect my email from my other acount but emails disapeared until I changed my password on the other account. I suspected that my ooriginal Gmail settings for collecting from other accounts had not been disabled in the Gmail before migration to Yahoo.

Subsequently I found me settings for collection of emails from other accounts had't been migrated to Yahoo.

Then I couldn't get Yahoo to automatically retreive emails from other accounts. See note here http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/mmail/mmail/mm_accessother5.html

which basically says you have to manually collect email from other accounts via Yahoo webmail

So whilst you can set up other accounts in Yahoo there is no desktop email client which will receive email from other accounts without first fetching them through Yahoo webmail. Not really useful.

I've now setup Yahoo email to forward all my sky.com emails to my other account and use that as my primary account.

Again thanks to Sky for a massive inconvience which I've had to figure out for myself (and still some unrecovereed emails)

Occasional Visitor
TheoT

Andy

Read my later post Peter

It's not reallly useful with Yahoo unless you use Yahoo webmail (via your sky web login)

It was so perfect with Gmail with automatic periodic collection and collection triggered by account activity plus a history of activity with your other accounts.

Unfortunately Yahoo don't seem to support this any of this.

If you do want to set it up click the wheel symbol in the right top corner of the Yahoo webmail page and select "Mail Options"

Goood luck

Occasional Visitor
TheoT

Dear GregorA

Thankyou for taking an interest.

I have 5 family members with sky email accounts but this only relates to two of us who use collection of other email accounts(non sky)

I have resloved all of these self diagnosis.

I'll deal with these in reverse order as this is the easiest to comprehend

1. Collection of email  from other accounts via Yahoo requires manual click (which takes some finding) via webmail only before a desktop email client can receive any non sky.com email(This of course is this crux of this thread).

2. Migration of other accounts from Gmail did't happen. Had to set them up manuallly.

3. I suspect Gmail retrieval for other accounts wasn't switched off before accounts were migtated to Yahoo.

I tested this and until I changed my other account password emails were disappearing.

Can I still access my old Gmail account to find these?

You'll appreciate this level of diagnosis has taken some time.

Eventually I've given in on Yahoo email and set it up to forward all my email to my other account which I now use as my primary email drop.

Disappointing

Thanks

Retired Staff Member
JRT1991

Additional information on how to setup external email accounts on Sky Yahoo mail can be found on the link below

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3527&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1365477...
Joshua
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
Margaret+Baker

I am trying to set up my sky account to fetch my talktalk/ tiscali emails, but not sure what settings to use. I have looked at talktalks email settings & they are as follows. Can some one help me &  tell me what I should be using as the pop server & in all of the advanced setting options on my sky mail option Send and receive email from other email services.

Account Type                              POP3                           IMAP
Login / Usernameusername@talktalk.netusername@talktalk.net
Incoming mail servermail.talktalk.netmail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port110143
Outgoing mail serversmtp.talktalk.netsmtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port587587
Outgoing SSLYesYes
Outgoing AuthenticationYesYes