Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
jamesregie
Accepted Solution

ESPN now at no extra cost - adverts

Just a query but I see your recent adverts (in newspapers today, for example) has a small logo saying that "now ESPN at no extra cost. Save €144 a year"

As an existing subscriber to ESPN I was just wondering does this mean I can cancel the subscription and receive it for free?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: ESPN now at no extra cost - adverts

Hi jamesregie, 

I'm afraid we do not have any information relating to this offer, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Help team to discuss this further.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
weejohnjoe

yes from the 22nd of july if you have ESPN you will get it for free. Now you's from ROI cant say you's get a raw deal now i have to pay 9 english queen heads for mine. but 2 miles away my friends gets it for free. lucky him. lol
Super User
caesarome

The Sky Ireland website stats it is free now:

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/standalone-channels/espn/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
SuperLar

Do current Sky Sports subscribers have to call to get free ESPN or will it come on automatically. As yet I still don't have the channel, not that there's much on it today.

Super User
kato

SuperLar wrote:

Do current Sky Sports subscribers have to call to get free ESPN or will it come on automatically. As yet I still don't have the channel, not that there's much on it today.

According to the website you should not have to do anything.

ESPN subscription FAQs

• If I'm already an ESPN customer and I have the Sports Pack will I still have to pay?

No, from 22 July, if you have the Sports Pack (Sports 1 and Sports 2) you'll no longer be charged for your ESPN subscription and any amount you may have paid after that date will be refunded in your next bill.

• If I'm already an ESPN customer with Single Sports will I get ESPN bundled in at no extra cost?

No - we are only bundling in ESPN with the Sports Pack (Sports 1 and Sports 2) but if you upgrade to the Sports Pack you will automatically now receive ESPN. Otherwise an ESPN subscription with single Sports (Sports 1 or Sports 2) is €12 extra month.

• If I just have ESPN but I don't have any Sky Sports - what will I pay?

You'll pay €16 a month as you do now - but if you decide to take both Sports 1 and Sports 2 you'll no longer be charged for your ESPN subscription.

• Do I have to do anything to get ESPN if I already have the Sports Pack?

No - if you already have Sports 1 and Sports 2, you'll be able to access ESPN through your Programme Guide from July 22.

• What happens if I cancel my Sky Sports subscription?

Then ESPN will also go too - unless you want to pay for it on its own (€16 extra a month for Sky TV subscribers).

• What's on ESPN?

ESPN (Sky channel 417) and ESPN HD (Sky channel 442) moves into its 3rd season with an even stronger line-up. Bringing fans live and exclusive Barclays Premier League fixtures and live coverage of the Budweiser FA Cup.

Live coverage of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League starts on 23rd July as well as European Leagues including the Bundesliga and Serie A. David Beckham features in the American MLS (Major League Soccer) series on ESPN with LA Galaxy.

ESPN's second season of live domestic Rugby Union kicks off on 3rd September with 43 live Aviva Premiership games, broadcasting more rugby fixtures than any other sports channel in Ireland. French Top 14 Rugby and both France and Italy's Home Autumn Internationals keeps rugby fans happy.

If you're a fan of American sports, ESPN offers unrivalled live coverage of the NBA (National Basketball Association), and MLB (Major League Baseball) seasons. ESPN also broadcasts live coverage of the NFL's awesome 'ESPN's Monday Night Football'.

ESPN broadcasts great Motorsports including exclusive LIVE action from the World Rally Championship (WRC), the German Touring Car Masters (DTM), FIA GT1 as well as a host of other motorsports (both two and four wheels) include the AMA World Championship Supercross series.

Throw in massive live UFC events to include the big card bouts in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and MMA Live, boxing and a host of other great sporting events, and it's clearly a season to savour. The ESPN-owned extreme sports event - The XGames - also gives you adrenalin fuelled action twice yearly.

Keep updated on what's on ESPN

• What's on ESPN America?
___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Occasional Visitor
SuperLar

Thanks mate, I guess I'll wait and see if it comes on.

Occasional Visitor
gmwex

my espn remains blocked yet my friend is receiving it; only difference between us is that he has standard sky box while I have sky+; strange

Retired Staff Member
Jenny-S

Hi gmwex,

I'm sorry to read that you are unable to watch ESPN. I see from your post that you have mentioned it is blocked, can you confirm if you have an On Screen Message and if so what does it say?

Thanks,

Jenny
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Paullyie

Hi There,

I also have the same issue

I received a letter from Sky to say ESPN would be free from 22nd July as I have Sports 1 & 2 package

But ESPN is still blocked - message stating I need to upgrade to ESPN

when I check the link to www.skyireland.ie/espn

It says I don't need to do anything

Do I have to do anything to get ESPN if I already have the Sports Pack?

>No - if you already have Sports 1 and Sports 2, you'll be able to access ESPN through your Programme Guide from July 22.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
gmwex

Hello Jenny

I emailed your colleagues last evening and the problem has since rectified. as for the message that was appaearing on screen it was the generic one that appears when one has not subscribed to certain services. Thanks for reverting to me.

Best

Occasional Visitor
richie69

I have rang Sky 3 times today totalling over 20 mins to try and activate this supposedly FREE ESPN package and have received no satisfaction yet. It was due to be done automatically. What is the problem ???

fj
fj

Having the very same problem (along with 2 other I know also in Dublin). Despite the promise of ESP access from 22nd July (and the assurance that it would be provided automatically - no need for subscriber to do anything), it is still blocked. Any advice....?

Occasional Visitor
patcal

I had the same problem and rang Sky yesterday who promised to fix it. Today when I selected ESPN HD I got the usual message. However, I left it on that channel while doing something else and shortly afterwards the channel was working and so is the other one :smileyvery-happy: 

Senior Member (Diamond)
Skytime

Hey, there was allot of issues alright with some people not seeing epsn on their account, all that needed to be done before was to call up and they will just reenable the viewing servcies to ESPN which takes all over 20seconds when your through to a sky advisor! the pacakge has been added to account but it seems theres an issue with the signal being sent out initially so just needs a restart :smileyvery-happy: great news though finally get it added for free ! major savings!