ERROR 554.....Possible Abuse???

Runner
Post 1 of 24

ERROR 554.....Possible Abuse???

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'Cloudeight InfoAve Premium - Issue #495 - April 12, 2013'
Server Error: 554
Server Response: 554 Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information
Server: 'smtp.tools.sky.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

This is a Yahoo problem which they choose to ignore since these posts go back to 2011 and i only started getting this when SKY switched their email to Yahoo.....so what is being done Sky????

All Replies
Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff Member
Post 2 of 24

Re: ERROR 554.....Possible Abuse???

PHXTZ660 wrote:

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'Cloudeight InfoAve Premium - Issue #495 - April 12, 2013'
Server Error: 554
Server Response: 554 Transaction failed : Cannot send message due to possible abuse; please visit http://postmaster.yahoo.com/abuse_smtp.html for more information
Server: 'smtp.tools.sky.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

This is a Yahoo problem which they choose to ignore since these posts go back to 2011 and i only started getting this when SKY switched their email to Yahoo.....so what is being done Sky????

Hi PHXTZ660

Sorry for the late reply - are you still having this issue with your e-mail?

I can see from the error message you posted that you're using Windows Live Mail.  Are you able to check the settings for your Windows Live Mail against those in this article to ensure everything matches up?

Thanks!

Lisa

Runner
Post 3 of 24

Hi Lisa,

Yes, i have checked these settings many times to make sure.

To make matters worse, i no longer receive my subscrition emails from Arcamax which they say are being sent.

Is it possible they are being rejected by the server??

I have checked the Sky Yahoo filter settings which are off, and there is nothing in the Sky Yahoo Junk folder.

Paul.

Oracle
Post 4 of 24

Try changing the server port to 465 with SSL selected and try changing the subject of the email here that you are trying to send.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 5 of 24

Thanks for the suggestion, however, these are settings which i have repeatedly checked.

As stated previously, this error occurs with "informational" emails which i have subscribed to when forwarded, then blocked by the server as "possible abuse".....i do not get this with ordinary composed emails.

I first encountered this problem with "BT" when they switched and became "BT YAHOO" and was never resolved to my knowledge.

I thought this was a thing of the past being with SKY but HEY-HO Sky email becomes Sky Yahoo and here we are - gone the full circle. Smiley Frustrated

Editor
Post 6 of 24

How many recipients are you sending to. You may be triggering a "spam trap".

Runner
Post 7 of 24

Generally one, sometimes two people, however, this error has so far only hapenned when forwarding to one person.

Editor
Post 8 of 24

Not that then. Maybe it's because the originators of the newsletter wrote this:

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/new/why-you-need-to-reconsider-your-use-of-yahoo-products/

Runner
Post 9 of 24

Looks like this will also remain unresolved with SKY. 

I am very disappointed that SKY felt it necessary to involve Yahoo with their customers email.

Come on Sky technical, lets get this fixed.

Oracle
Post 10 of 24

I still think that Yahoo is reading the subject and it blocking it based on that, as I suggested earlier can you try changing it to something else ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 11 of 24

I am having the same problem I switched to Sky broadband yesterday, and now I am getting the dreaded 554 error. I have tried every conceivable setting, and have had no success. I work from home so it is essential that this gets working fast! Can you please tell us how to fix this.

Retired Staff Member
Post 12 of 24

Hi chiloll,

Thanks for posting your issue on the Forum.

Could you give us some more information on this particular issue? Does the 554 error show when you are using webmail or an email client?

You have mentioned in your post that you just switched to Sky Broadband recently, so is this a new sky.com email address you are trying to use?

The more information you can provide the better.

Thanks,

Runner
Post 13 of 24

Hi Garry, I am using Outlook 2003, incoming on eircom.net server, outgoing on sky.com's. Since I last wrote, I am unable to send on any device. My PC just says failed, my tablet and android give me authentification errors. I have changed all the settingd, ports, SSL checked, and cannot send. I have 3 email addresses to get working, and all are added to my Sky account.
Retired Staff Member
Post 14 of 24

Hi again chiloll,

Would it be possible for you to log into your webmail account and let me know if you can send/receive emails from their ok? This will help us distinguish if there is a migration or mail client issue.

Thanks,

Runner
Post 15 of 24

I successfully sent emails through eircom's webmail and Sky/yahoo webmail. I cannot get Outlook 2003 or my email client on my Samsung Galaxy S4  or Samsung tablet to work. For the latter two, I have been using Google, but this isn't ideal. Thank you for your help.

Recommended Threads