Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
adamCCC

ER on sky atlantic

Hello,

Ever since sky atlantic launched, ER has been showing since series 1, it has showed 1 episode per day during the week.

It seems that from now on its going to show 2 episodes a day, 5 days a week.

Why are sky doing this?  No one is going to have enough time to watch this many a week.

What is the point in doubling it up? 10 episodes a week is so pointless

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
ViKiNGPr1nCE

Re: ER on sky atlantic

AdamCCC

we need more information.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi adamCCC,

I have requested more information about your query and as soon as I have an update I will make you aware of why this is now the case.

If we can assist with anything else at the moment let me know.

Regards.

Getting There
adamCCC

anything on this?

ive been watching it since sky atlantic launched, its on season 10 now..

im going to have to stop watching as i cannot manage 10 episodes a week!

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi adamCCC,

I am still awaiting feedback on this matter and when I do, I will let you know.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Regards.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi adamCCC,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your patience and for your enquiry about this. The reason why this has now been double billed on a daily basis is because of it's popularity and so far the reaction has been very positive. This is not unusual that shows are double billed as other channels do this. It's very common that this happens with American sitcom's.

I hope this answer your queries, however if it doesn't then get back to us.

Thanks.

Protégé
GavinM

if there are too many to watch just out it on record with series link and watch it when you want.

I'm doing that with Charmed, the box if recording Series 7 but I still half way through series 5.

Also have 3 series of X-file to get to sometime.

Getting There
adamCCC

Hmm for starters it isnt a sitcom, its an hour long drama.  Sitcom's typically last half an hour, therefore 2 episodes isnt that much.

how do you know its had a positive reaction? Because people are still watching and recording?  That is probably because they have just watched the first 10 seasons and dont want to just stop watching the programme now. 

Most series have 1 episode a week, the ER re-runs were on 5 a week, now its 10.  Its just stupid.

Getting There
adamCCC

not only is it hard to watch that many, but it also means a whole series will be over in about 2 weeks.. so the show is guna be over alot quicker aswell

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi adamCCC,

I understand it's not suited to you, however at the moment it has been changed to two episodes per day. I suppose the the good thing is you can record them all and watch them when you want:smileyhappy:

Thanks for your questions and hopefully we will hear from you again soon.

Regards.

I'm New Here
Dwilli

Re: ER on sky Atlantic

Hi, I too have been watching ER on Sky Atlantic and have them on series record but have just noticed that after series 11, the next few scheduled episode summaries are out of sync and skip from various series' from 1 to 6 randomly. When will series 12 be shown? If it is not planned then I will not bother to keep the series record.

Thank you

Getting There
er+fan

also wondering about this.. ive watched the series since it started on sky atlantic and have been loving it. dont really have a problem with two episodes a day either, i just record them all and catch up when i can. i am wondering about next week though, its not showing in any kind of sequence... please say this is just over the xmas scheduling. ill be so disaponted if it stops from here. im just up to the point where i stopped watching years ago and i really want to see it all to the end this time round!!!!! 

Getting There
Beckles

I would like to know why Sky Atlantic will be showing episodes from previous episodes from next week!?! I have only just came to terms with two episodes per night :smileysad: 

Getting There
Beckles

After some serious research (looking in the Radio Times lol) I have discovered that ER series 12 will resume with episode 4 on Boxing day. However it will still be two episodes per evening. Hope this helps.

P.S Sky, maybe you should get a Radio Times so that you can keep your customers informed of you TV listings schedule lol :smileyvery-happy:

Getting There
er+fan

Thanks beckles.. good to know!!!:smileyhappy: must get myself the radio times!!!