Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Grantfern

E-mail not working at all on windows live mail

I am having similar problems and cannot seem to get anyone to answer the helpline.

I have 2 sky e-mails one for myself and one for my wife. We both accepted the new terms for the sky yahoo.

We both use lap tops and both use windows live mail.

My e-mail is working fine but my wifes is not.

First of all she received about 9000 e-mails the other day and since then whenever she goes into windows live mail she gets an error message which says -

unable to send or receive messages for the sky account. An unknown error has occured.

server: 'pop.tools.sky.com'

windows live mail error id: 0x80004005

ProtocolPOP3

port:995

Secure(SSL): yes

I have followed all the instructions on the sky hom pag and have also removed the account and added it back as per instructions but still no luck. As you can see from the time it is now 2.30am and I have been trying to sort this out all evening.

My wifes email settings are exactly the same as mine which is working fine.

Can you please let me know what I need to do.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
hjdhjd

Re: E-mail not working at all on windows live mail

You'll be lucky to get anything sorted. I have exactly the same problem.

My 2 subsidiary accounts are OK, but not my main one. On Thurs it downloaded all 20k+ messages on live mail, which I deleted (much simpler to do that on live mail than yahoo!).

Now I get exactly the same error message as you. Looks like it is trying to download all the emails again and possibly is being timed out; whichever way it won't work. Have tried setting up a new account and the same thing happens.

I can view accounts on webmail but no folders there and less functionality.

I have a lot of work to do using my emails as there is only a week before I go into hospital for a major op after which I shall have to have several weeks out - I need to get things sorted first!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Chris-McP

Hi Grantfern/hjdhjd,

I am sorry you are having this issue. My mother is going through the same thing and find myself "working from home" sometimes.

Could you both list for me please the troubleshooting you have done so far?

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.

Chris-McP
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
grantfernee

Thanks,

I have followed all the instructions on the sky website and have deleted my wife's account details on windows live and have set it up again by following the instructions sky have given.
I have also checked that all the details are the same as my own sky email which I use windows mail as well.
The password is correct as my wife can log into her emails through sky.com but we cannot get windows mail to work at all.
It started to download about 3000 emails then keep getting the error message and will not get any emails.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hi grantfernee,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us about this issue.

Can you let me know if your wife is able to access her emails through a web browser? If so, could you ask her to delete any emails she does not require as this will save them from trying to download to your mail client once we get this issue resolved. You can access the account here.

If your wife receives an error message saying that the password is incoorect, if you could try resetting it as this will cause our systems to synchronise and hopefully allow access afterwards.

We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for the patience shown while we try to get this issue rectified as quickly as we possibly can.

If you can let me know if this helps at all.

Visitor
grantfernee

She can log it to her emails at sky.com but she has over 16000 and to delete them will takes weeks.
Have tried changing the password but this makes no difference still get the error message in windows mail.
Please tell me there is an answer to this
Occasional Visitor
kimcaprino10

i to have the same problem

Unable to send or receive messages for the Sky (kimcaprino) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Occasional Visitor
Gemz13

Hi

I'm having exactly the same problem as this too!!!  After the switch over the 1st time I accessed windows live mail it downloaded all my messages again. Since then everytime I go into windows live mail it appears to be checking for mail and then seems to time out with the following message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Sky account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.tools.sky.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

There's no password issues because I can log into and receive new emails through sky.com and also through my ipad.

Any help much appreciated!

Occasional Visitor
PeteDon

Hi Guys,

Try the following appologies if you have

Set the account POP connection to not require SSL ie set ports back to default

Set the timeout quite high  3 or 4 minutes

In Live mail click Send/receive  ( it errors )

leave that window open

Click Send/receive   and surprise you get email 

No idea why that works 

regards pete 

Visitor
grantfernee

Thanks for the advice still does not work though.
At least you tried to help which is more than sky have done.
Received a letter from them apologising but still cannot receive emails.
Please help
Super User
caesarome

If you are able to login online then it might be worth deleting all the emails it has tried to download or move them to a different folder and then try Windows mail again.

It is also worth trying this:

Login to your Sky Yahoo Email account online and when you are click on your name at the top right and select account info. You will then be asked for your password again so enter this and then select login which will take you to a personal info screen. Just close this and then try your email client again.

If it does not work after doing this try deleting the sky account in your email client and then re-adding it again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
pumpkin+pavlova

I am suffering the same with my live mail.  I have contacted Sky who have been totally useless and completely not interested in helping, just asking me to keep calling back to check if Sky have sorted the problem out.  I had 20K emails sent to me, which I have started going through, but takes forever.

Any advice gratefully received!  And to top it all off, my Sky talk line is down, and Sky can't even be bothered to contact me to sort this out either.  Frustrating doesn't even come close...

Occasional Visitor
kentmonkey

I've had similar problems this evening on a new build and having been tinkering for about 20 mins now think I've worked it out.

Try the following:

Click the cog in the far top right hand corner

Choose 'Mail options'

At the bottom of the new screen, tick the 'Turn on SSL' tick box

Voila, it works.

The sky email settings tell you to turn on SSL, but for some stupid reason they've turned SSL off by default in everyone's account. That appears to be the issue.