Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
brianwall
Accepted Solution

Do I have to keep entering my PIN??

I can't seem to find any option to stop being asked for my PIN. It gets very annoying.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Shelz

Re: Do I have to keep entering my PIN??

[ Edited ]

Hi brianwall,

The request for your pin is built into the software of the box, and is required for us to have by Law.

You will always be asked for this if you are watching something with an age restriction pre-watershed (9pm) in particular. There is a way for you to switch off all age restictions apart from the 18's. If you are watching something after the watershed and you have switched all other age restrictions off, you will only be asked for 18's.

To disable these settings please could you:

1.  Press SERVICES button on the remote control

2.  Press SELECT for PARENTAL CONTROL from the menu along the top of the screen (if this box is a HD BOX) (if Sky+ box it will be option 3 on the list).

Can you let me know how you get on with this please?

I know this is not what you have asked for, but it is the closest that I would be able to do for you.

Many thanks.

Shelz
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
brianwall

Thank you. It's now setup so you say I will only need to enter a pin for an 18cert then? Better than nothing I suppose! Thanks.

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi brianwall,

If after the 9pm watershed yes you will only be prompted for an 18cert programme if you have disbaled the others :smileyhappy:

I am glad I could have helped more with another option!

Many thanks again for letting me know that you are happy with my advice.

Shelz
Community Coordinator

Soundman2056

I have Sky+HD Multiroom and always get asked for my pin. I have followed the instructions given previously on numerous occasions to disable the pin request but I am still asked for my pin on 18+ movies etc on both my boxes. This is extremely frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated

Super User
caesarome

Try a planner rebuild on them both:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
scouse+andy

I would just like to chip in here I am getting pin requests on almost everything even stuff that wouldn't expect to have restrictions like the BBC show In with the Flynns which was a family show shown at 8:30 I think and everytime I watched that show from planner it would always ask for a pin despite not being classed as an adult show.  The recording is set via tv guide and not a manual record.

I've got the 1TB Sky+HD box with 26.80 installed and all pin restrictions off

Contributor
scouse+andy

any help on my post above?

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Hi scouse+andy,

I understand this can be rather frustrating.

A pin request is set to the box and is required to be entered by law. You might have accidentally set this up in parental control.

If you follow the options below it should let you disable the pin settings to stop this from continually asking for your pin.

1. Press the Services button on your Sky remote control.

2. Press Select for Parental Control from the menu at the top of the screen.

Hopefully this will help you. It could be that because of programming rights the pin is set for a reason so it might not be possible to change these settings.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks.

Contributor
scouse+andy

Hi GregorA

as I previously had stated all pin settings have been disabled but like I have said I am still getting asked for PIN on stuff you wouldn't expect to require a pin especially when your not even required to need a pin to view if I watched it via channel instead of planner.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi scouse+andy,

The reason why the pin is required on recorded content is because you are trying to watch a programme recorded at night after the watershed. The programme will be certified as 12, 15, 18 after 8pm. If you try to watch the programme you have recorded after 8pm then the pin requirement should drop off on recorded programmes. If you watch it during the day then it will require the pin.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards.

Occasional Visitor
samisosa

2 things combine to make my sky experience frustrating and annoying.

1) when browsing through the many channels through the tv guide menu, its not clear which channels are within my package, and which are not.

2) 18+ channels/programs eg. adult channels, ask for a pin to view each channel. Its incredibly annoying to have to repeat this over and over again, especially when you do it and find out the channel isnt even in my package or its a pay extra channel...

Why cant you just make it clear for a subscriber of sky which channels are included and which are not, moreover make a setting to eliminate the TV guide for the channels we dont have?

It would give a customer a much more satisfying experience of channel surfing!

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi samisosa, 

Welcome to the community :smileyhappy:

You can find out more about our packages here. With regards to having making it a bit easier, can you let me know what type of Sky box you have (Sky+HD, Sky+ or a normal box) and we can let you know how to add up to 50 favourite channels onto your system. 

I can appreciate that it is frustrating having to put your PIN number in when you change channel, however this is in place due to the content and programme and time of the broadcasts. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
oliverRodgers

I am currently watching Battleship which is rated 12 and I have changed the pre-watershed playback option to off but I am still required to enter a PIN
Super User
caesarome

This is because the film is being shown before the watershed and sky have to use the pin feature in cases like this by law.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.