Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Staff (Retired)
kirsty+d

Re: Disgraceful Service

Hi h201980,

Thanks very much for your response, I am sorry you feel so aggrieved by the procedure and that I have not answered your query to your satisfaction.

I am only able to comment on generic enquiries and advise regarding procedures. If you have an account specific issue you wish to discuss further can I ask that you get in touch regarding this.

In answer to your question about the Christmas Channel, I can confirm that there is no additional charge if you currently view Sky Movies.

Thanks again,

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
h201980

[ Edited ]

So why does the xmas channel say, ''To upgrade call etc... So thats not true! And why do i need to spend money on my phone bill calling you? when its not me at fault? its just one thing after another! getting sick of this!

But listen, i understand you can't say too much as you deal with online people. but honestly would you be happy being told to call and spend money on your phone bill? do you have an 0800 number? bet not?

And like i say i have pack 1 or 2 of the movies and the xmas channel says ''to upgrade call etc etc... i have called before and all you get is someone that speaks reals quite or someone i can't understand in english???

What a Joke!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

[ Edited ]

h201980 wrote:

And like i say i have pack 1 or 2 of the movies and the xmas channel says ''to upgrade call etc etc.

Perhaps it is because you need the complete movies package to be able to view it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
Disgusted999999

WHY DO PEOPLE WASTE TIME ON THE PHONE.

WRITE & KEEP SENDING COPIES AND THEY WILL RESOLVE OR NOT.

YOU THEN HAVE ALL THE EVIDENCE YOU NEED TO TAKE OUT AS SMALL CLAIM IN THE COUNTY COURT - CHEAP & EASY.

SKY MUST COMPLY WITH THE CONTRACT YOU HAVE.

THEY ARE EXPERTS ONLY AT RIPPING YOU OFF & GIVING YOU THE RUN AROUND eg 0845 NUMBERS.

h201980

[ Edited ]

Yeah i know 99999999! and caesarome! If you read fully, It says on the first post that i have sky movies 1 ''OR'' 2, Yet im still told i should get it! Their not bothered about the 12 times a day they repeat the same film on sky movies, I thought sky+ sorted that... No need to repeat it... if i wanted it i would have recorded it,... Hummm... As long as i dont owe 5p!

It's amazing how the christmas time is time for giving! And sky say \believe in better? my butt... All they want is your money

h201980

I notice how sky have suddenly stopped replying! Speaks volumes!

Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Hi h201980

The Christmas channel is free as long as you have the full movie package. If an account is blocked then the only way it would be reinstated is if any balance is cleared and a Direct Debit or continuous payment method is set up on credit card.

With regards the blocking of your account for an outstanding balance of 5p, I would think this has been an error in the billing system as I agree it is a very small amount, as you have now set up a Direct Debit  your billing will be the correct amount each month and you will not be paying the admin fee so saving £48 a year.

We try to show a varied selection of different movies to suit all different tastes, apologies if some failed to record and if that is still happening you could try a planner rebuild which should stop this happening again. Let us know if you have any other issue when recording channels and we will try to help.

Thanks

kirkie50
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
System Admin
Callum-M

Occasional Visitor
Cordelia8

I absolutely agree with your comments.  I am a Sky+ customer (minus anytime due to my box being too old! - a penalty of upgrading to Sky+ as soon as it became available!).  I have been a customer for over 10 years, subscribe to everything, have never missed a payment and am treated appallingly by this Company.  I have been lied to, tried to be cheated into purchasing another box that I didn't need all to get Sky anytime.  I have complained and await a call back.  On my initial call to complain I was told by the operator that they don't have a complaints department, only after being very firm and explaining that I had dialled the number on the website did he take my details, only for him to cut me off half way through taking my telephone number, resulting in me having to phone them back and repeat the whole dull process again.  Virgin can't come soon enough in my area, as I certainly will not be giving a second thought!!!!

Community Coordinator
lainys

Good Evening Cardelia8,

I notice this is your first post to the Sky Forum, It would have been nicer to welcome you to the forum under better circumstances.:smileysad:

I would personally like to apologise for the bad experience you have received.

After reading your post I am more than sure Sky would like to investigate this matter for you. We appreciate that sometimes things go wrong and problems can occur.

We want to ensure you receive the best possible customer service and if we’ve got it wrong, we’d like to get it fixed as quickly as possible.

I could you please click on the How to complain link so we can take the matter further.

Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
emmahegarty

I ordered one of the sky designer boxes last week, and was told it would be delivered on Saturday. (The salesman was so hellbent on getting his commission, I think he would have agreed to anything) After staying in all day especially, nothing arrived.

I rang this morning, and was first told it had already been dispatched and Royal Mail had the parcel, then told it was sitting in a warehouse awaiting pick up by Royal Mail. I then said I wanted to cancel the order. Then the operator disappeared for 5 minutes saying he was going to speak to the dispatch office. He then came back and said Royal had the parcel. I again said I wanted to cancel, and the operator said the box was worth £500 (really ? because it had a sticker with a fancy picture on it?)  He had a dreadful telephone manner, and would not let me finish a sentence. In the end, I just said I really didn't have the time to argue, and he said he would get the parcel back from Royal Mail. That was a blantant lie. I work for a multi national company, and have responsibilty for the dispatch of thousands of parcels and packages each year. Once a parcel, package or letter enters the royal mail service, it is illegal for anyone to retrieve it, even the sender.

My advice to sky would be - you really need to work on your customer service. If one of my staff attempted to fob off a customer with blatant untruths, then they wouldn't last very long. If I had been told the truth, that maybe delivery would take longer, then I would have changed my arrangements accordingly. In order to cancel the order I was put through to salesperson after salesperson, and was on the phone for half an hour.I have now cancelled the order, and in January will be moving over to Virgin, So thats £80 a month I won't be wasting with Sky. And of course, I will be recounting the story to anyone who mentions thinking of subscribing to Sky.

Get your act together Sky. It may seem fairly insignificant to you, that I was treated so badly over this sale, but thats over £1000 a year you have lost from me, and hopefully from others after I tell them how bad your customer service is.

Community Coordinator
kirkie50

Hi emmahegarty

Firstly apologies for the manner in which you have been dealt with, we can't access accounts on the forum as we would not ask you to post any details on here. There is an on line form in the complaints section which I would advise completing especially with, as you say the advisor either misinforming you and not dealing with your complaint correctly.

When you ordered the designer box was this a self install option? If so then the advisor should have given you a delivery timescale and informed you that it could be tracked through MySky rather than giving you a date which could not be guaranteed. If you complete the complaint form someone can look into all aspects of how you were dealt with. Let us know how you get on please.

Thanks

kirkie50
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
emmahegarty

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the box was self install, and the operator was adamant it would be delivered on Saturday, otherwise I would have had it delivered to another address, as I told him. When the commision from my sale is cancelled, I hope looks at my account on screen, and learns that to treat customers with disrespect, will result in them cancelling orders and to him losing money.

I have tried the link that you suggested above, and was going to simply cut and paste my post above, but the link won't work and and I do not have the time or inclination to write a letter and post it.

I have just asked a friend to attempt to use the complaint link, and they couldn't connect either.

You couldn't make this up.... 

Occasional Visitor
emmahegarty

Added to which, when I go onto my account, the order is stiill showing as 'preparing for delivery' despite being told it has been cancelled.

Staff (Retired)
Samantha-K

Hi emmahegarty,

Can I ask you if this link works: http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/complaints-code/

With regards to your account not pairing up on My Sky, is it still the same? If it is you will need to contact us to find out what seems to be happening.

Thanks