Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Baincol

Dimensions of HD Box

Just bought a new TV unit and my current sky+ box does not fit in the slot !!!  Was thinking of upgrading to HD anyway but don't want to get a box that is too big.

The sky+ box dimension for length is 379MM.  Any idea what length the HD box is ??

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Dimensions of HD Box

What HD box as there are a couple, the 1TB box is smaller than the 500GB model.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

[ Edited ]

If you buy from sky the dimensions will be

346mm x 255mm x 73mm amstrad drx890 (500gb)

351mm x 265mm x 73mm Amstrad drx895 (1TB)

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Super User
kato

Also be aware Sky boxes like a lot of ventilation.So a tight enclosed space for your box may cause future overheating problems.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi Baincol, 

Welcome to the help forum :smileyhappy:

I just wanted to add that as we have more than one make of HD box that we can install for a customer, I would suggest having a look at the manuals that we have available for customers. The reason being is that we are unable to specify which box that you will receive on the installation. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.