Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
amazingworld
Accepted Solution

Digi box replaced by Sky, now Video machine wont record...

Digi box replaced by Sky, now Video machine wont record from Sky.

In fact Sky can no longer be found when retuning TV (analogue), or video, previously set on channel no 6.

Thought Sky would send engineer back to sort out but it appears its over 30 days since they installed new box and refitted Scart cables etc , (and since I last recorded from Sky apparently) so they wont arrange this.

Sky help tried but of no use to fix problem. 

Any advice?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Digi box replaced by Sky, now Video machine wont record...

Does your TV or video have a AUX channel as the picture might be found on there, sometime there is a button on the remote to access the AUX channel.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
amazingworld

Thanks for your reply.

Advised by Sky new digi box should not have altered anything regarding setup but they failed to offer a solution.

If Sky engineers change anything are they not supposed to check everything is in order before leaving, I thought naively they would have. 

Have attempted various methods but cannot get the original channel 6 where SKY was so cannot record, I can view Sky through Ext 1 as normal. 

Frequent Visitor
amazingworld

Just to update.

Sky engineers (why two always call I don't understand) attended and problem related to installation of new box not being tuned in correctly. Also they attached a third SCART between SKy box and Video so I would receive better picture through AV connection. They also changed Picture setting from PAL to RGB.

They checked and everything seemed OK, I say seemed OK because later in the evening put SKY on to watch US Open and the colours were horrible and kept flashing and jumping! Watching through video was much better and changing back to PAL seemed to correct, but the grass on the putting green was terrible when the camera followed the putt.

Contacted SKY on engineers number and was advised to check the SCART cable was pushed in fully this once again seems to have corrected the picture. Waiting to watch golf again to check.

Where do I go on SKY page to find offer engineers informed me about of free SKY+HD box without paying anything extra (just the box) and receiving a cash back offer?

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi amazingworld, 

I'm afraid we do not have specific details relating to the offers the engineers advised you about however you can view the latest existing customer offers by logging in to www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/customer-offers/

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
amazingworld

Customer Services sent an email confirming I could have a free Sky+HD box and free installation without taking the subscription package. They advised I ring Customer Services to arrange.

When I did this I explained to a few people what the email stated until I was finally advised to sent this email to them.

They informed me they would not allow me what was stated!

Emailed a 'Chris' at Customer Services who sent me the email with what I was told without receiving any reply.

Have had numerous Sky follow ups regarding their customer service but no follow up to what has occurred.

Big company,  poor services department. 

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi amazingworld, 

I appreciate your frustration regarding this, if the offer has been sent to you it should include contact details for the team that issued the offer as not all of our advisors will be aware of this and may not be able to apply the offer to your account.

Does the e-mail contain contact details for you to contact this team or take up this offer?

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.