Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Dial Tone but can't make or receive phone calls. Broadband still works

Hi Farzad, 

Thanks for that, it does sound like a configuration issue if 150 is not working either, in order to escalate this issue further please use the options on the Contact Us page to raise this with our Customer Help team.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Farzad

I did yesterday but no answer even I called them yesterday and today but they told me to restart the line and I have to wait 72 hours !!! how I have dial tone but I cannot make and receive any call??? it sounds strange 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Farzad, 

Thanks for that, if you have been advised to wait 72 hours then we need to allow this time for the work being carried out to be completed. This indicates that your fault has been raised to our Customer Solutions Team and you should be able to track the progress of your issue by logging in to www.sky.com/trackmyfault.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Getting There
Farzad

Ufortunately that link doesnt show anything and it seems my fault is not registered. make call with mobile to Sky number is not free and I have paied the same amount of money as my monthly cost till now. I am dissappointed to solve the problem:smileysad: nobody in sky cares when ever I call I receive the same conversation and no further steps to resolve the problem. I can see no suppoert 

Retired Staff Member
Samantha-K

Hi Farzad,

It's strange that the fault is not appearing on your My Sky profile, this could be something very simply missing or the system hasn't had enough time to send a message to your online account detailing your fault. I would advise as Robert has previously, that you wait 72 hours and let us know the outcome of the call.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for but we do have to give 72hours for the tier 2 technical team to investigate the issue.

In the meantime I do appreciate your patience and please get in touch and let us know what happens.

Thanks

Getting There
Farzad

Today I found out that I can check the number that is activated on my phone circut by calling 17070 and I tried. the number that is currently existed on my phone line in different from the Sky number so I called customer service and informed them about both numbers (previous one and new one) I hope they can solve the problem. have you ever faced this problem?

I'm New Here
Mark+of+London

I have been having the same problem since 4th September.

Sky sent out an BT engineer and they said the fault is with Sky's equipment at the exchange but that Sky would not agree to them replacing the equipment and that a Sky engineer has to look at it.  The BT engineer stated that there were two other engineers there for Sky customers with the same issue on the same piece of equipment.

Since then I have had two text messages to say it is fixed and one saying Sky do not have enough information to look into our problem.

Every time I call they say that it has been refered to tier two or the highest level and it will take 72 hours.  This has been going on for weeks.

I have had no landline for weeks, purchased a phone to test my line and incurred tens of pounds worth of phone calls on my mobile just speaking to Sky help desk, let alone my personal calls I cannot use my landline for.

It is so frustrating, the latest is that they are going to go back to BT again to look at it.

Can anyone advise me how to complain and what rights I have or do not have to get my phone working?

Thanks

Retired Staff Member
Jenny-S

hi Mark+of+London,

I see from your post that the last update you had from our Customer Solutions Department was that we had to go back to Openreach to have this further investigated, can you advise when this was?

Thanks,

Jenny
Community Coordinator

Graduate
tentimes

Complain to OFCOM.

I think that we should also now complain to BBC Watchdog too, to try and get publicity for this debacle. I have also been keeping a mirror of these forums so that when it does blow up and go public it can be shown that our time was wasted by the so called customer service assistants giving false and misleading information (implying the problem is with BT, getting customers to complete multiple unecessary and redundant self tests, promising 72 hour response times, false claims of clear service status, stonewalling etc, etc)

We have to make this public and get the media's attention on it. I am writing a comprehensive email right now for BBC Watchdog, and have been making the odd video diary of it :smileywink:

It is absolutely outrageous, and what makes it worse is sending unqualified and clueless CS reps in to firefight a problem they have no understanding of. This is down to faulty equipment setup in the exchanges as Sky do not know what they are doing.

I am now going to go back to BT, as they can keep a phone working. They also don't mislead their customers as much. This contrivence that CS reps have here of having us all go and test our equipment is beyond belief.

This totally stinks.

Getting There
Farzad

Finally I can use my phone and broad band. As I told customer service several time they connect my line to the wrong cable and today enginner from openreach agreed with me and change the line and now it works. I have spend a lot of money on phone to contact customer service and pay 24 pound for changing telephone socket twice but finaly it is working. I just put this feedback because it may help some other guys. please check your line by using 17070 and it will tell you with numbeer is on circut if it is different from the one sky gave you ask for an engineer who can correct it. 

Regards

farzad