Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Gray1111

Device limit reached on Sky Sports For Ipad, SkyGo works fine.

As above, won't let me sign into SS For iPad but SkyGo is working fine.

Tried unistalling and reinstalling app and hard reset of the iPad but no joy.

Any suggestions?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
RJSKY

Re: Device limit reached on Sky Sports For Ipad, SkyGo works fine.

Same issue here on iPad 3
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
R4IDER

I have no devices in my list yet I can't register my device and it's silly really because I've only just started using it for the Formula 1 and every time I have to register a new device and remove the old one; it's annoying and makes life hard for paying customers I could quite simply search for what I want to watch and watch it else where without all this messing around.

Simesa1972

Me too. I have both apps on new (3) and old iPad (1) . On old iPad both run fine, on new one Sky Go is ok but get the too many devices message. Have deleted both iPads on the website. I have managed to get into Sport once on new iPad but next time it booted me off.
Occasional Visitor
Andrew+H

Yep same problem here just installed on iPad 3 and kicks me out of the sports app after one attempt saying device limit reached. Seems to be a prob identifying the UDID registered maybe?
Visitor
IanDixon

I have the exact same problem with my new iPad

Community Coordinator
lainys

Good Morning RJSKY,R4IDER, SIMESA1972,Andrew+H, and IanDixon

Thank you all for taking the time to post your queries about the Sky Go device limit to the community.

If you receive the error message "device limit reached" when trying to watch Sky Go on your mobile or tablet device, this is because you’ve reached the maximum number of devices registered to your Sky Go account. With Sky Go, you can watch TV on the move on up to two devices (PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and/or compatible Android smartphone)

I really do apologise however, we are unable to change the number of device limits set per month. If you have already made a change then you have to wait one whole calander month before you make another device change.

You can manage the devices you have registered with Sky Go by signing in and visiting the Sky Go device management page, which can be found in the Settings menu.

On this page you can rename or delete devices that are registered to your Sky Go account, download the Sky Desktop application and find a link for downloading Sky Go to your compatible mobile or tablet device.

Kind Regards

Lainys
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

Lainys - Full marks for not reading what people had said.

If you'd bothered to read the posts you'd see that people having issues were all complaining about the iPad 3. One even put wrote that he had registered NO devices yet was unable to register his device. Any chance you could help people out by taking the time to read posts and if you, yourself, are unsure about the issue pass it to somebody who can help.

The more I read the forums the more I see standard "cut and paste" answers entered by Staff rather than taking the time to read, digest and process before giving an appropriate answer. 

Come on Sky you can do better than this.

Occasional Visitor
Makeshift01

I am having the same issue. Sky go works fine, but sky sports for iPad is giving the error 'you have reached your limit for ios devices, you can continue to use old iOS devices' when I spoke to sky support I was told that the app thinks I'm registered as a £4.99 per month subscriber (which I'm not) and they would look into it for me. Might be an error with the new iPad. Haven't heard back yet though
Visitor
IanDixon

thanks for the reply but Sky Go is working fine, its the sky sports app that we are talking about and there is no way to manage devices like you can with Sky Go

Regular Visitor
Shane11

I'm getting the same error, yet sky go and the sky news app work fine. My girlfriends sky sports app is working fine though.
Simesa1972

I checked my managed devices when in first had this problem, my new and old iPads were listed - I have an iPhone but don't have the sky sport app on there so the having more than two devices running theory is rubbish.
Regular Visitor
Shane11

Has anyone got this working yet? I stil keep getting the same error
Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi Everyone 

Sorry to see that you are all having issues with the Sky Sports App. 

Could you please sign out of the app on all devices, you can do this by pressing the i at the top right of the page then account and the sign out. 

Once you have done that can you delete the app from all devices then power down each of the devices, restart the device that you wish to have the app on and then reinstall. Sign in and view content.

Let me know how that goes.

Cheers  

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
Shane11

Not sure how I can sign out when I can't sign in to it? I have tried deleting and re-installing it and it still doesn't work. The sky news and sky go app work fine!