Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Retired Staff Member
GarryC

Re: Dave HD Sound Loss

Hi Guys,

I see some of you have been in contact with UKTV direct regarding the sound drop out on Dave HD.  As I am sure you are aware by UKTV's response, we are aware of this and are working closely with them to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks you for your patience.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
themoron

I've got the exact same thing, the sound drops out for about 5-10 seconds then the picture jumps/stutters and everything's better once again. Happened about six times during Top Gear earlier. Very annoying!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
Annie+UK

[ Edited ]

Just to confirm that the SD channel on 232 does hot have the sound dropouts, the problem is restricted to the HD channel only.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).
Super User
Annie+UK

This problem seems to be getting worse :smileysad: As it happens every day I'm not sure why it is taking so long to identify the problem!

Can we get a discount to our HD subs? as we do pay extra for HD and cannot view Dave HD any more :smileysad:

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).
Occasional Visitor
d00dlebug

Im trying to watch Dave HD (sky) botswana special, and it's awful! A few mins ago the sound was cutting out every 10 seconds with some kinda interlacing freeze going on with the picture. I am atleast relieved to hear its a Dave HD probem not a problem with my system. It's an odd thing...comedy central was on all day yesterday, in 14 hours not a problem, now im lucky to go 3 mins without a freeze.

Hope they sort this out soon. I love my TG. :smileysad:

Occasional Visitor
Heanster

I concur with the last poster... it is getting worse. Thirty instances during the last hour on TG. I have switched to 232 as it had become unwatchable :smileysad:

Occasional Visitor
d00dlebug

Yep a good thirty or so, even happened during adverts i noticed so they cant say its problem with TG itself lol. 

Occasional Visitor
Chewy985

I have never had a problem with Dave HD until I had my Sky HD box replaced just over a week ago. Until then Dave HD was fine. It is now very frustrating as it happens numerous times during a programme. It's hard for me to see past a hardware issue, as it was fine until I changed boxes, but I'll wait and see what UKTV find before reporting my new Sky box.

Occasional Visitor
Chewy985

Following my previous post; I have re installed my old HD box and I'm still getting the loss of sound on Dave HD. So that rules out a hardware issue. Hopefully UKTV will get it sorted soon.

Occasional Visitor
Wraggu

I can concur with this fault on Dave HD, its got so bad we are now watching top gear in Dave SD.

Come on Sky - get it sorted!!!!!

Occasional Visitor
chris+leigh

same here resorted to SD as the audio drop out was a PITA!! glad its a national issue rather than a hardware problem. come on uktv, get it fixed already!!!
Occasional Visitor
mwsschouten

Exactly the same here. Had it for a couple of weeks now, but today seems to be really bad. Still had a HD box from a friend and switched them over (don't know the exact numbers, but this one is smaller and he received it long after me). The problem is still exactly the same. Had Sky on the phone to activate the card, but they said they didn't know about the problem. They suggested to take the plug out and wait a couple of minutes...

Occasional Visitor
Popshot

I too am suffering this and have also reported it to UKTV. It's now unwatchable in HD.

Occasional Visitor
Tedstar

Yep absolutely terrible today, gave up watching the Top Gear special, it was unwatchable!
Occasional Visitor
OrbitalShark

Trying to watch the TG Special that I recorded last night and it's totally unwatchable!

Every minute the sound cuts out for about 10 seconds then the picture flickers then the sound comes back. This is totally unacceptable as I have a HD subscription for a reason. Please get it sorted as it's only limited to your HD broadcast...