Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Dermotp

Re: DISGUSTED!! Refunding debit adjustment for sky TV

Tonight i have just discovered the same problem. 

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Robert-B

Hi Dermotp,

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you able to provide a bit more detail of what has happened in your case?

Thanks

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
United123

The same thing for me only difference in my case is SKY have taken over 2000 pounds, over the last 18months.

I have given mine case to my legal counsel, and I am about to post on every single Forum site I can find.

the public need to be aware of SKYs Thefts.

Staff
Malcolm-M

Hi United123, what were the extra charges made for?

In the case of multiroom boxes not contacting us correctly we do send out warning letters before increasing the cost.

Malcolm-M
Getting There
United123

Malcolm

Firstly, your response didnt make any sense, Maybe you typed to quickly, So I enclose the Complaint so you and all who view this forum can see my situation

Dear Sky After checking my statements earlier this week I contacted sky via web chat to find out why my Bills were so high. During this Sky admin Web chat, I was advised that I could downgrade my package to reduce my monthly bills, which was something I wished to consider. However, at no point whatsoever was I informed by any member of your team, of any so called 'debt adjustment charges', that Sky have been helping themselves to every month. After what I have uncovered, I can only describe Sky's actions as fraudulent. Sky have taken nearly 2,000 Pounds from My Bank account over a 18month period, with a single notice via Debit Adjustment. At no point was I made aware of any violation charges I had been receiving and instead, Sky masked this charge as a debit adjustment. A member of Sky's team also neglected to tell me about this so called charge when I was querying my bills. Since obtaining this information and contacting Sky this evening, I am informed that these charges can not be refunded via the telephone, and I was required to follow up with a compliant via this Forum. After you have read and checked this data, you will see we have never missed a single payment, and by any standards would be considered a excellent customer by any major corporation. So imagine my HORROR this evening to find that you have helped yourselves to thousands of pounds from my account in stealth, with no warning of any nature of wrong doing on our part. Since November 2010, you have been putting your hands into my account and taking funds at will, which has amounted to thousands. I have seen via the forums that others have been falling foul of this type of Sky theft. So As you would expect I can take the normal route of forums and express my opinions of Sky's fraudulent and deceitful behaviour. Nevertheless, I will not pursue this route if the monies PLUS INTEREST are refunded to me within the next 24 hours. However, should sky not provide a full refund plus interest, I will not hesitate to pursue further action. Should the refund not be provided within the given time limit, I will seek legal advice from counsel and pursue legal action. I will express my opinions and experience on every internet forum, and I will take my custom to BT or Virgin. The time now is 23.11 on the 31st May and I will give Sky 24 hours to make good. After this time, I will move this to the next formal legal stage. I look forward receiving your reply.

Staff
Malcolm-M

Hi,

I'm sorry that the advisor you spoke to did not take ownership of the complaint. You certainly shouldn't have been advised to use the forum as a complaint route.

I’ll have one of our team look into this further and will send a Private Message shortly requesting more details.

Malcolm-M
Getting There
United123

Malcolm

sorry for the frustrated message earlie, my issue isnt with the individual 

But Given what I have seen here on this Forum then I dont have any confidenace that this is getting anywhereby sending me a private maessge for my Account details

yesterday I gave SKY 24 hour's to refund the stolen Money.

Staff
chelsea12

Hi United123

Have you replied to the Private message we have sent to you?

Thanks   

Explorer
Undersmack1

Good luck there champ. Sky will have records of the letters sent. Unless they've failed to send them (has nothing to do with you not receiving them) you've no chance in court. Waste of time and your money.

Getting There
Dermotp

Sky are telling me that 2 out of 3 boxes i have were not connected to the phoneline therefore not recieving callbacks. I received letters to tell me but rather stupidly just pressed services to see and they were saying connected and left it at that. They tell me when i upgraded my package everything was fine but then they stopped receiving callbacks. I never moved and boxes nor interfered with the phoneline so i refuse to take 100% of the blame for this. Surely if as they say they were recieving callbacks then they stopped its a fault there end and not mine.

Staff
jason-d

Good Afternoon Dermotp

Thanks for bringing your issue to our attention, are you still getting these additional charges?

Whenever this does occur we send out 3 warning letters to customers with the last informing that charges will be placed on your bill. There could be a number of reasons stopping your boxes from calling back with the most common one being that you use a with held number.

On the letters we send out there are instructions to perform a callback and if this fails then we would have to investigate the problem. You can find out how to do this here.

Thanks

Getting There
Dermotp

Thanks for getting back to me. The number was not witheld as sky were receiving callbacks from 1of my 3 boxes.
Getting There
Dermotp

Sorry no i am not getting charged now
Staff
jason-d

Thanks for your quick reply Dermotp

That was just one of the many reasons why we won't be receiving a callback from your box. We find that being the main reason from customers however there is obviously another reason regarding your boxes.

Glad to hear you're not getting charged extra for them not calling back now, if this does happen again. The best advice I can give is when you do receive your first advice letter is go through the troubleshooting steps on the reverse of the letter and if that doesn't work then let us know as soon as possible. We can then investigate your issue further to stop these charges being placed on your bill.

Thanks

Getting There
Dermotp

What could it have been though. Sky claim the callbacks stopped from 2 of my boxes yet i never moved the boxes nor did anything with the phoneline.