Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
PRETTY+WOMAN+1951

Re: Curry's Sandstrom TV

my sandstrom led tv worked on the CODE 0060 - which is for a SAMSUNG, so maybe samsung make sandstrom. my sky=hd remote control is version 9.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
axlef

tried 0060 on sky hd remote, doesnt work on my sandstrom.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Magenta

Just to update: Sky now recognises Sandstrom. I was easily able to obtain a code number after entering my TV Model number. My Remote is No 9. The Code is : 2427. Works fine. Thanks for all of your helpful contributions.

Getting There
morlspin100

weeeeee many thanks, that works with mine too

Magenta wrote:

Just to update: Sky now recognises Sandstrom. I was easily able to obtain a code number after entering my TV Model number. My Remote is No 9. The Code is : 2427. Works fine. Thanks for all of your helpful contributions.

I'm New Here
althebull

2427. Finally!! Many thanks for that.

Getting There
Spacenase

Sorry to raise an old thread, but just found that the Sandstrom S24LED11 works with the code 2016 on a Rev 8 remote.

KEITH.

I'm New Here
Ken+BW

Have used the code 2016 on the Rev 9 version and works as well.

I'm New Here
Woodlanddram

Sorry to raise this old question but I have just bought a sandstrom 26" HD LED with DVD. The model code is S26HED12. Would anyone by chance have stumbled across the code for this TV? The controller is Rev9.

Staff
Anne-M

Hi Woodlanddram,

As this is your first post I would like to welcome you to the forum :smileyhappy:

All the codes that we have available for our remotes can be found on our online tool. Have you checked this page out?

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
I'm New Here
Badger831

Just had our box fitted today and we have Sandstrom 24LED11...the remote code is 9 and the code 2016 worked for us...thank you :smileyhappy:

Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi Badger831,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your experience with our community.

For anyone else looking to get the code for there TV please click here.

Thanks

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Getting There
busterrabbit

You are forgetting one thing, in the great scheme of things, that is the total number of TVs sold throughought the world, the number in the UK who have SKY or Virgin is miniscule.

Sandstrom is a brand created by Dixons/Currys (DDSG) to conjure up scandinavian quality, it's a common ploy, Moben was a british kitchen company as is Berghaus clothing, both playing on German sounding names to subconsciously indicate quality. Given the pricing I doubt very much that quaility is high on the agenda of many product meetings.

It's quite likely, as indicated in other forums that Sandstrom use Samsung or other manufacturers's panels as there are actually very few panel manufacturers in the world and as far as I'm aware they all make panels for other technology brands.  B & O don't make their own panels, I believe they use LG, in common with Apple, Asus, Dell and many TV manufacturers.  However a panel will only display what's fed to it, most panels  are capable of amazing images, it's the processing technology that defines the visual images the viewer sees, so the same LG panel in a B & O, an LG and a Sandstrom are quite likel to display very different results.  Personally I'd avoid own brands at all costs theey are usually built down to a price, not up to a performance specification.

Staff
Tricia07

Welcome busterrabbit to the Sky Forum,

Thanks for the feedback and very interesting read, looking forward to more posts.

I'm New Here
bumblebee552

i tried those steps to find out a code. counted how many flashes there was and wrote it down but codes never worked for my bush tv

I'm New Here
blyther

I used the code 2427 and it worked..