Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
snowy2020

'Crackling' noise when watching sky - esp. football

I get a crackling or interference noise when watching sky, only started a few days ago. Tried different tv's as it sounds like a blown speaker but defo the sky box. Most programmes are ok but it really becomes apparent when watching football as the commentary seems to be on the level/tone which attracts this noise.

Anything I can do or just a case of a new box?

Thanks in anticipation

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Re: 'Crackling' noise when watching sky - esp. football

Hi snowy2020, 

First of all I would like to thank you for joining the forum.

Can you advise if this was on live TV or when you are playing back the content? Are you able to advise some of the programme details (date, time and channel) of the programmes you are noticing the cracking noise so we can find out if this is a broadcast issue?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
snowy2020

Thanks

I only have the standard digibox so always watching live, watched the Liverpool v Newcastle game last night and while the actual game and commentary was ok (only a small amount of 'crackling') trying to listen to the half time analysis was shocking and I had to turn over so it's almost a case of the tone of the person talking at the time.

Can happen with any programme which I have checked again by flicking between sky and freeview and it's only ever the sky which has this issue.

Regards

Community Coordinator
Anne-M

Hi snowy2020, 

Thanks for the information you have given me. Are you able to rule your system being at fault by asking a friend or family member if they have any problems with crackling sound on sky? We don't have any reports for sound issues on this game last night.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.