Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Explorer
iNut
Accepted Solution

Could I still use 18185 for making calls if I move my phone line over from BT to sky?

Could I still use 18185 for making calls if I move my phone line over from BT to sky?

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
LauraMac

Hi iNut,   Please don't shoot the messenger, as I've look...

Hi iNut,

Please don't shoot the messenger, as I've looked into the 18185 service & can tell you that the service isn't compatible with our service & you would be charged for using this.

If there is anything else I can help with though, please come back onto our Forum.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
dooper786

There seems to be some confusion over this since the 1818...

There seems to be some confusion over this since the 18185 carrier pre select can also be used by dialling a longer form number with an 0808 prefix. In skys special number tarriff this prefix is listed as free to call and yet i see people on here saying its chargeable. Can we have some clarification please?

Explorer
iNut

Re: There seems to be some confusion over this since the 1818...

OK so I will keep my line with BT then:
What I have is my Line rented from BT and my calls are via ‘Sky Talk Freetime’ and I am able to use 18185 to get free calls (5p connection charge) to UK fixed numbers 24/7 However I believe if your line is with Sky you could use the Freephone No. 0808 1 703 703 to connect to 18185 however your calls would be charged by 18185 at 1ppm for UK fixed geographical numbers instead of free.