Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
michael-r

Contact Us Help Guide

[ Edited ]

Sometimes there is a need to contact our call centres for issues that the Forum cannot assist further with. We understand not everyone has been able to find the E-mail or phone number options successfully when using the Contact Us page.

This is a quick help guide to show how you can find the Live Chat, E-mail or Phone option for your particular query to ensure it is routed to the correct team.

Step 1 is where you choose the option relating to the product or service your query is about.

Contact us step 1.JPG

Step 2 is where you choose the correct link for your query or the closest one to it.

Contact us step 2 Talk.JPG

Michael
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Contact Us Help Guide

Please reply to this post if you have found the above guide useful.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
thefocusman

Can somebody please tell me what the phone number is to report a line fault on sky talk. The call platform does not give an option for Sky Talk but does for everything else. I am getting nowhere fast.....please help somebody

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi thefocusman, 

The direct number for this team if you are having problems is 08442 411736.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Marcustard

[ Edited ]

Hi Robert, the number you posted (08442 411736) just leads me down the proverbial 'garden path' all options are for TV, no phone or phone faults options, a fifteen minute wait which will be charged to the bill payer as I can't call from my 'sky' phone (no dial tone).

This 'carry on' is extremely annoying and frustrating.

I have searched the sky web site for a phone no. and can't find anything but the general customer support with the same TV menu options as the number you posted

Please SKY sort this out!

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi Marcustard, 

Thanks for letting us know about this. Can you describe the issue you are experiencing with your phone? we may be able to assist further with this.

If you have a dial tone on your line and the issue you are experiencing does not affect your ability to make outgoing calls, you can report faults by dialling 151 from your line.

Robert
Community Coordinator

Visitor
Marcustard

[ Edited ]

Hi Robert,

Thanking you muchly for your reply. The problem has now been resolved. I spoke to a charming customer support advisor by using the "if you are thinking of leaving us option". Sky rang me back on my work no. to save extra cost. I was given a direct phone no. 08442411736 with good information logged on the advisors screen. 

As it turns out I phoned my home no. and the problem (no dial tone or incoming calls) had been fixed.

I thank you for your reply and as I've experienced before with sky once one reaches the operators who answer the "if you are thinking of leaving us option" your team are very helpful.

Occasional Visitor
chongpangjan1967.

The 1571 button on my phones is continually blinking, it is connected all the time to the menu for for messages and how to use the service.  The problem is not on the one phone. I must assume that the problem is on the incoming line. Icant delete it. can you help.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi chongpangjan1967,

I appreciate that you are experiencing issues with 1571 Voicemail. Can you clarify if dialling 1571 from your line retrieves messages that are stored on the service or do you get a message indicating that there are no new messages stored?

In some cases the signal may just be stuck on your line, this will not prevent you dialling out or receiving calls however to clear this it might be worthwhile phoning your house phone from a mobile and letting it ring until it drops to voicemail, leave a message then retreive this using your house phone and delete it by dialling 1571, this should clear the signal for you.

Robert
Community Coordinator

annlowe31

HI im having problems with my broadband we have a computer an ipod and an xbox,but we can only go on one at a time,because the connection go's bad it not the micro fillters its not the phone line's i have checked them all out,we never had this problem before with are other broadband provider,it only happened when we switched over to SKY.plz help.

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi annlowie31, 

In order to assist with this problem we would need some information regarding your broadband set-up.

Can you tell us where you have your router connected to the line? is it in the master socket, an extension or secondary socket?

Can you also provide the following information from your router:

1. Log into your router by going to http://192.168.0.1
  2. When prompted enter the username: admin & password: sky (in lower case)
  3. Scroll down and select the Show Statistics button
  4. Copy & Paste the contents of the window that opens up into a reply to this post along with the information requested above.
Robert
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
bubu

I currently have no phone line to call the lovely "150" and unable to call any other number(Low income) how am I meant to contact sky to get them to sort my phoneline out ASAP...Having a phone and no even able to call 999 isn't very good

Staff
John-B

Hi bubu

I have responded to you on your other thread, which can be found here.

Thanks

John-B
Community Coordinator

Regular Visitor
Freekin+Deakin

As a so called valued sky customer, why is it that my issue hasn't been resolved I recently changed the address of my sky phone and internet, the sky man came out on time as I was told by the advisor, the engineer also came out on the day I was told by the advisor but iI was on the school run, it was 8.50 am, the engineer tried to call me, but the telephone number that sky had provided they had terminated 2 weeks prior. I called to address the issue only to be told that I would incur a £105 connection fee. Well only 6 more months to go then I can let you go and stick to the free view box. Your ever so valued customer Mr.C.Deakin

Community Coordinator
Shelz

Hi Freekin+Deakin,

I am really disappointed to read your experience with us regarding the problems you have had after changing your address :smileysad:

When booking the engineer, did the agent not ask you for your mobile number as the primary contact so that if there was a delay/issue then he would be able to get a hold of you easily?

Was the engineer out to install the line for you as it could not be activated on this end? 

Many thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator