Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
tobeywan

Connection to on demand -Fail

Hi

I am just trying to set up on demand but after completing set up the connection to on demand says FAIL

The network connection is ok, i have tried the fixes such as hard reboot but nothing works

What else can i do ??

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
RAClaret

Re: Connection to on demand -Fail

I Have been having problems with on demand all day with failing downloads and ive just been on the phone to sky whp are a bunch of useless buggers i think it is at theor end i will wait until the morning but if no joy i will cancell my contract with sky!!

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
mastercook

Me to...spent ages trying to set it up...All is connected and lights showing but when i enter the password in nothing happens :-(

Why have nobody replied with any awnsers??

Regular Visitor
Pascoe38

I have had my new SKY HD box for 2 weeks and everything was fine until yesterday morning when Catch up and Box sets had disappeared. After trying all sorts to reconnect nothing has worked even though all the lights are on my wireless connector and the internet is fine for everything else. It looks to me like it is a problem at Sky’s end and I will not ring again today and hope they sort out the problem their end!

Regular Visitor
RAClaret

My on demand is working again it came back on last night about 10.30pm ish so it was at skys end i wish they would tell the truth rather than mucking around on the phone

Visitor
ianbrown

You're lucky your On Demand is back - mine is still dropping out with connection FAIL alternating with OK. Although Sky tell me they have no issues It does seem that there is something amiss at the SKY end or with software updates.

Staff
John-B

Morning ianbrown,

So you are still having issues with On Demand, please let me know the following:

Are you using a Sky branded wireless connector? Or connecting using an Ethernet cables?

Which type of router do you have?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Jevs

I'm having the same problem with the wireless connector I received today. All connections are ok, but On Demand says FAIL. I've tried resetting it but no success so far.
Staff
John-B

Hey Jevs,

Let me know the following:

Are you using a Sky branded wireless connector? Or connecting using an Ethernet cables?

Which type of router do you have?

Cheers

John-B
Community Coordinator

Jevs

I'm using the sky wireless connector and a sky router on the unlimited plan.
tobeywan

Ok so I asked this question last week and no one from the sky team bothered to ask me questions to solve my issue....all of a sudden someone pops up on the thread offering help to everyone else

Whilst i dont begrudge others getting sorted ( and by the way i hope you all do) surely someone from SKy should be throwing the guidance my way !!!!!....ridiculous

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Thanks for getting back to us with that information Jevs, let's get you connected to On Demand :smileyhappy:

It may be the case that your software needs to be updated on the box. So I can check that your software's up to date, can you press the Services button on your Sky remote, then go to Settings, followed by details and tell me the Model number and Version number?

Once I have this information, I can check the software and assist further with this.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you Tobeywan, I'd like to help get your On Demand working :smileyhappy:

Similarly to the steps I've posted to Jevs, can you let me know your Model and Version numbers by pressing Services on your Sky remote, then going in to the Settings menus, followed by Details? The reason I ask is to check the software you're running on the box is up to date as this is important for the use of On Demand.

Please come back to me and let me know and I'll help get your On Demand connected up so you can start using the service.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
John+Hawthorne

Andy, please can you help me with the connection between theSky Mini On Demand box and the router.  Have tried several times but it always fails.  The Model number is R007.061.49.00P and the Version number is 4 f 3 1 d 5.  Much appreciated as have spent hours trying.

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

I'd love to help get your new Wireless Connector MINI working John+Hawthorne :smileyhappy:

From the info you've given me from your box, the software's all good. So the next step would be to look at the Broadband.

Can you tell me, are you a Sky Broadband subscriber? The reason I need to know this is so I know what troubleshooting steps to take next.

Please come back to me and let me know and I'll continue to troubleshoot this with you.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator