Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Jbradshaw777

Connection to Broadband Router FAIL

Just got a wireless connector from the Sky engineer, and followed the instructions to hook it up to my wireless router for on demand TV. However, the power light just alternates between orange and white and I never get a screen to choose my router and enter my wireless key.

Following some other advice went to Settings/Network and seet Connection to Broadband Router FAIL, Connection to On Demand FAIL, ip address 0.0.0.0 DHCP ON.

Options/Customise shows NO Broadband option for manual setup of the router.

Also tried pressing WPS buttons on both Sky wireless connector and Router - makes no difference.

Have a Sky+ HD box version number 4f31d6

Any further advice on how I can connect the Sky box to the wireless router for on-demand TV?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Jbradshaw777

Re: Connection to Broadband Router FAIL

Nobody? Just to mention broadband is supplied by PlusNet.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Good afternoon Jbradshaw777,

It's great to read to one of our customers who is trying to take advantage of the On Demand service we offer :smileyhappy:

I'm sorry to read that you seem to be having some issues when trying to get your box to allow you to view the full On Demand menu. The first thing we would ask you to try is to reboot the box, by switching it off and disconnecting it from the mains power supply, leaving it for a few minutes, and then switching it back on.

This problem may also have been caused by an issue on the hard drive of your box. To fix this, we would suggest trying a planner rebuild  which will fix any errors which may be causing this. This will not affect any of your current recordings.

If this does not help, we would next suggest trying a software download, which will ensure that your box is running the most up to date version of software available for your box type.

What we would next ask you to try is to reset the network connection that you have set up at the moment. To do this, if you can:

• Press the 'Services' button on your remote control which will display the 'Options' tab.
  • Then press the right arrow which will take you to the 'Settings' menu.
  • If you can now press the down arrow to highlight 'Picture', then scroll to the right until you have highlighted 'Network' and press 'Select'.
  • And finally press the red button on the remote control this will reset the connection. you will then be required to re-establish the connection between your box and your router. If you are connecting wirelessly, this will mean you have to enter the password for your router.

If the steps suggested previously do not help, the last thing we could ask you to try would be a full system reset, which would revert your box back to it's factory settings, resulting in all of your recordings in being deleted. The steps to do this can be found in the planner rebuild link mentioned earlier.

I hope this helps get this up and running. Please let us know how you get on by replying to my post whenever you get a chance.

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
corko

Tried to reset and nothing is happening

Occasional Visitor
Gogs206

I had the same problem. Calls to Sky support with various suggestions being made unfortunately didn’t rectify it; however I did manage to sort it out myself through trial and error. I have one of the wireless connector boxes (not the ‘mini’ version, rather the standard one). This was where the problem lied, it appears it crashed in some way, despite the power and network lights still showing. I unplugged all cables from it, both power and LAN, waited a minute or so and plugged them back in, went back into settings, and everything was back to normal again. Hope this helps, and also I’d like to think Sky Support will take note of this solution, as from over 1½ hours of calls no-one suggested this, and ultimately it was a pretty simple solution.

Contributor
gregmatthew

I too had problems,following crap info like "press wps button on router etc".All I done was hold in the button on the usb connector box which brung up a page with 3 boxes,to which I chose the connect to router with password option/box.
On another box,I have the function built in which means I dont need the usb box gizmo.You just hold in the wps button which bring up that page I mentioned earlier,then enter wireless password,and thats it.

Seems like Ive got the latest box,and funnily enough,I dont even watch on demand.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hey Gogs206,

It's great to read that you managed to get this sorted in the end with something you correctly state is a relatively simple fix.

I will be sure to ask any other users who have similar issues in the future to give this a try as we now have some confirmation that it can work.

If you have any other questions or queries in the future please let us know.

Thanks 

Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hi gregmatthew,

I'm glad to read that you too have also managed to get the better of this problem and can imagine the frustration which this was causing you. 

I hope that you will now start to take advantage of the On Demand service now that you have been able to get this hooked up and begin to enjoy this.

If we can ever be of any help in the future you know where we are :smileyhappy:

Thanks 

Contributor
gregmatthew

Thanks Fraser,hope your doing alright.I would like to add that I was on the phone to Sky about that for 49 mins(cost £3.40), and just when I was waiting for the girl to come back,I managed to get that special page on-screen.

I guess Im luck that the boxes they use now have broadband facility built in.
Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Hey gregmatthew,

You know what they say, better lucky than good :smileyhappy: Have you tried using the On Demand service since you got this up and running? 

Thanks 

Contributor
gregmatthew

Yes Frazer,but theres nothing remotely interesting for me on there.I can see though it would be great for someone with the same tastes as my wife.I only watch what others would consider crap(TCM and ch520+ and UKGold).
That SKY+ app is a must,lets you tinker about with your box when you are out.And SKY go is great also,but I believe it doesnt work on my rooted Samsung phone.
Also,people have to beware about data usage using on demand or sky go,if they are on a non-unlimited plan.
Retired Staff Member
shaun-k

Hi gregmatthew

It's great to see you are making use of the full range of fantastic services we have on our platform. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our customers experience with us and innovating new products is at the forefront of everything we do. 

We are always looking at improving our Sky Go service so watch this space.

Thanks,

Shaun-K
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
gregmatthew

Hi,Sky is terrific value for money.....and dont let anyone tell you any different.