Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
loulouuk76
Accepted Solution

Connecting my wireless printer

Hi,

I've just recently had Sky installed and so far have had no problems. My laptop connects to my router wirelessly without a hitch, however, no matter what I try, my wireless printer cannot access my Sky router, and I get error messages stating that I cannot connect. Does anyone know what i need to do to fix this? I know it will be something straightforward.......

Thanks

Louise

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Connecting my wireless printer

I take it you have entered the key on your router on your printer. If so then it might be you need to accept your printer in your router. Login into your router using 'Admin' and 'Sky' as the username and password if you haven't changed them.

Click 'Wireless Settings' and under Available Wireless Station' there might be an entry for your printer, it could possibly be called Unknown, click the add button and then try again and see if your printer will work wirelessly.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi lolouuk76, When you were entering the network key in the printer menu did you take it from the sticker on the router and enter it in uppercase?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Xen-Pu+Ovid-Sophron-Naso

[ Edited ]

Hi there: You'll need to follow both caesarome & Malcolm's advice about this, as I also use a wireless printer, a HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a. In order for me to use my wireless HP printer upon the network, I had to encode from the HP wireless printer's front panel menu the correct/exact ISP login key that's only supplied by my ISP. - The same thing also goes for your supplied wireless printer & Sky router or other ISP Router that you use!

It may be necessary to initially connect up your wireless printer by a RJ45 cable to your router & get both the wireless printer's Mac Address & IP details!

You'll also need to login to your Sky router's admin panel at 192.168.0.1 using your correct Sky login credentials, and input both these wireless printer's Mac Address & the correct IP details for your wireless printer in the reserve IP address fields section of the Sky Router, in order for this wireless printer to work correctly with your Sky or other wireless router that you use!

Failure to reserve your printer's Mac Address & IP address within your Sky or other router, will result with the wireless printer not being able to retain a valis Mac or IP addrss this would cause the loss of wireless printer network connections for your wireless printer, as your wireless printer does/will change these printer IP settings constantly if these are not reserved, so therefore do get both these Mac Address & IP details fully reserved for your wireless printer, within your Sky or other ISP Router Settings, & even within your wireless printer where necessary, but don't worry if your wiresless printer does not itself reserve these details within its own menu system et cetera, as your Sky or other ISP Routers are built to do this job for you! - But you'll need to manually input these settings for yourself & personally!

Thanks. Xen.

--------------------------------
If you feel I have been helpful, please click the star under my name to give me a kudos for this post, as I'll be very grateful :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you feel I have been helpful, please click the pink thumbs-up (bottom right) of this post to give me a kudos, as I'll be very grateful
Occasional Visitor
MarkLester

I'm trying to network this HP 6510 we just bought

I added the mac address

But now I get this on the attached devices page, the printer is the gunk at the bottom

# IP Address Device Name MAC Address

1192.168.0.2MEDIAMOG00:21:85:19:FF:2C
2192.168.0.4MUMMYS LAPTOPCC:52:AF:12:28:08
3�*�@�)44:1E:A1:F9:EE:79

We've changed the network name from SKY1234 or whatever it was to our own, but it's finding it anyway, I get a list of the neighbourhood's routers including our own. I've added the mac adress as a trusted station but it fails to get an IP address.

Any ideas ?

Occasional Visitor
Prosiedem

Works like a charm. Good info!

Occasional Visitor
JoeSim

I've been trying to connect my hp wireless printer to my sky network for days now with no luck. Any ideas Mr Sky?

Super User
caesarome

Are you able to locate your Sky wireless network on the printer, if not what happens as you haven't said ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
JoeSim

Hello, I'm on a mac os 10.9 and the printer is a HP Photosmart C4780. I can print using the usb cable but the WPS Push-Button and pin methods don't work. I also tried using the HP assistant but it doesn't recognise the model for wireless. Not sure if I am missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Super User
caesarome

A bit of Googling finds this on the HP website.

I do not work for Sky.