on 31-03-2011 09:24 AM
I'm sure this has been posted about before but I'm stuck & really need help!!
I got a Sky Braodband box last month & set it all up but I cannot connect my Sky+HD box to my microfilter as I did with my previous router.
The microfilter has a connection for the ADSL which connects to the Router & another connection for the phone, but there is no connection for the box to the phoneline.
I have plugged in the Sky box to another phone line but this is not the primary line & I have noticed that programmes are starting to come up in my Sky+ Planner as 'Unavailable'.
What do I need to do? I'm very confused, so any help is greatly received.
Solved! Go to the solution
on 31-03-2011 08:26 PM
The programmes in your planner showing as 'Unavailable' should not be affected by the telephone connection. Can you tell me what happens when you try to access these programmes or record new programmes?
on 01-04-2011 09:54 PM
on 02-04-2011 10:34 AM
Hi djnic, the first thing to try would be a software update to make sure you are on the current verison.
1. Power the box off at the mains power supply.
2. Locate the backup button on the top of the box.
3. Press and hold in the Backup button, and while doing this switch the box back on at the mains supply.
4. Continue to hold the Backup button after you have powered on, you should see within 60 seconds 3 more lights come on the front of the box? At this stage you can release the Backup button.
5. If you have 4 lights lit, it means the box is going through the forced download procedure. Leave for 15 minutes then turn back on.
on 04-06-2011 05:37 PM
Im a bit of a newbie at all this but i have a question. I have just brought a second Sky+hd Box for the bedroom. I have connected a new phone line and am now in the process of connecting a ethernet lead for the Anytime TV.
What im unsure of is the line going from the modem/router to the main sky box has 2white boxes on either end (About the size of a match box). What are these?
And the other question is can i get just one 10metre length of Ethernet lead to connect from the router to the upstairs sky box without the white boxes.