Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M
Accepted Solution

Compatibility At Launch

[ Edited ]

Anytime+ launches Tuesday 26th October 2010 and requires you have a compatible Sky+HD box, a Sky TV subscription and On Net Sky Broadband (Unlimited or Everyday Lite).

From launch our latest Sky+ HD boxes are compatible, other HD boxes will be added in time as the service is rolled out.

Anytime+ Information and Registration

Press Release - Sky Introduces Sky Anytime+

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Multiroomer

Re: Compatibility At Launch

The launch of Anytime + has highlighted to me a major service problem that you have. I have two HD boxes an early Thompson and a new 1.5GB Amstrad. The Amstrad has has had the Anytime+ download and I have connected it to the internet it has an Ip and service is O.K. I also went through the order process for Anytime+ and got an order complete reference. But anytime+ still not working and getting the message on the box go to anytimeplus on the internet. So I phone up sky and after talking to support we worked out that anytime+ had been activated on the viewing card that is in my Thompson box and not the newer card that was sent for my newer Amstrad 1.5 Gb box. So it seems that Sky can only assume what card is in which box when activating anytime+. I requested that the card in the amstrad be activated but support said that this is not possible and that the cards would have to be swapped around and parred to the boxes, I declined. It is obvious to me that anyone getting a multiroom box the engineer will put the new card in that box so many problems ahead for the Anytime+ rollout. I still can not understand the assumption that the first viwing card in the household is the one in the most recent box ( the master) and its this card that is activated for Anytime+ it makes no sense whatever.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Stephen77

So once again loyal customers who have had HD from the start get shafted whilst recent adopeters with newer boxes get the service. It's the new EPG update all over again.

Typical Sky!

Super User
Annie+UK

[ Edited ]

@ Multiroomer 

If I was you I'd send an email to jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com and get his team to fix the problem.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WinTP, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One, Dell XPS18 iPad Occupation: Senior Analyst/Programmer

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

@Stephen77

Sky Anytime+ will be gradually rolled out to all Sky+HD boxes beginning from 26th October and we hope to complete by the first part of 2011. This gradual roll-out will ensure that all our customers get the quality service they expect and deserve. We appreciate this may be frustrating for some customers but if they register their details by logging in at http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/anytime-plus/get-it-now/ we will let them know as soon as they can connect to the service.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

[ Edited ]

@Multiroomer

Can you contact us on 08442 414141 and we will try to sort this out for you?

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator

PurpleAstra

so avoiding the point that sky only care about the premium 1TB customers first, leaving older customers till last for updates.

As it is possible for sky anytime+ to be run on off net lines either connect or other why has this not been implemented? unless it is hidden that sky want to give only their sky bb customers preference over others.

If the reply is about download limits or speeds, then i have a solution. draw up some terms and conditions which state that because it is being provided 'off-net' it is the customers responsibility to track their downloads and observe their limits and that speeds/quality cannot be guaranteed, this must be taken up with the customers isp.

We all know sky love T&C, anyway ths would easily avoid sky being targeted by customers off net who have connection issues, ho have agreed to T&C which state connection issues to the internet are in their isp's hands.

Moving on from this, how is £60 justified for a small Wireless bridge? and are these bridges more stable that the routers you supply?

I really look forward to you reply.

Regular Visitor
Harry+W

Stephen77 couldn't agree more...I've been a loyal SKY TV customer since they were in competition with the 'squarial'!!  Got the whole package TV/HD/BB and telephone - but because I'm not a new customer with the latest equipment - tough!!

Frequent Visitor
Hambonz

[ Edited ]

I have a Pace HD+ box with latest firmware (1.32B12) and cabled it direct ino the ADSL router (SKY line on LLU broaddband service) but no joy.  I just called SKY and been told that the box is not compatible for Anytime+  :smileysad:

Is there a definitive list of what SKY HD+ boxes do support Anytime+ ?

Super User
Annie+UK

[ Edited ]

@ Hambonz

Your Model number & Operating System version must start with SYSF, I think the latest version is SYSF26.28.10

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WinTP, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One, Dell XPS18 iPad Occupation: Senior Analyst/Programmer

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Frequent Visitor
Mickr

I have seen elseware that thomson boxes will not be upgraded to use sky anytime+. Can someone from sky confirm if the thomson box will be able to use skyanytims+

Mickr

PurpleAstra

[quote]

so avoiding the point that sky only care about the premium 1TB customers first, leaving older customers till last for updates.

As it is possible for sky anytime+ to be run on off net lines either connect or other why has this not been implemented? unless it is hidden that sky want to give only their sky bb customers preference over others.

If the reply is about download limits or speeds, then i have a solution. draw up some terms and conditions which state that because it is being provided 'off-net' it is the customers responsibility to track their downloads and observe their limits and that speeds/quality cannot be guaranteed, this must be taken up with the customers isp.

We all know sky love T&C, anyway ths would easily avoid sky being targeted by customers off net who have connection issues, ho have agreed to T&C which state connection issues to the internet are in their isp's hands.

Moving on from this, how is £60 justified for a small Wireless bridge? and are these bridges more stable that the routers you supply?

I really look forward to you reply.

[/quote]

still awaiting a reply, im sure many others want the answers

Thanks, awaiting reply.

Visitor
chillyyyy

hi i have the old thomsom box,but have been reasured by sky these old boxes will update in a few days time,im not very comfident they will update,can anyone else varify if they had the same response from sky

Frequent Visitor
Hambonz

[ Edited ]

@ Annie+UK

Thanks.  It would be good if the Sky web pages simply listed their supported box(s) and requirement, rather than leave eveyone querying.

I have no versions starting with SYSF :smileysad:

My unsupported Pace HD+ box details:

Model No:   222.4.5

Version:     9F3003

OS Ver:      1.32B12

EPG Ver:    sky+9.10.13a

Data settings:  YES

Scy
Regular Visitor
Scy

A few negative comments here, I feel the need to point something out. Sky's approach with their gradual rollout follows the sort of release practices that I'm accustomed to as a software developer. New products are released in small steps and when you discover a problem you didn't anticipate you fix it before taking the next step. This ensures that the fewest people possible are affected by any issue that might crop up. Perhaps Sky are rolling out to the newest boxes first because they represent the smallest group of users with the fewest anticipated issues. Once everything is confirmed to be working as it should, they'll move to the next group of users. This approach is hardly unusual where new systems are concerned. If Sky were to release to all boxes at once, they risk being swamped with new problems that they don't have the resources to rectify in a timely fashion. In a worst case scenario, they may even have to recall the update. 

I'm not saying this is necessarily the case (I have no insight on Sky's inner workings), but one shouldn't assume that there's anything sinister at work here. Perhaps it's just engineers doing their job properly.

By the same token, Sky can't necessarily produce an accurate release schedule for each type of box since this schedule may be subject to change.