Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
jg666

Comedy Central HD - no sound on South Park recordings

For a couple of nights now, the recordings I've made of South Park on Comedy Central HD have had no sound at all when I play them back.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Comedy Central HD - no sound on South Park recordings

Have you tried a planner rebuild:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/sky-plus-hd/recording/guide-to-performing-a-planner-rebuild/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
jg666

No I haven't tried that but I'm pretty sure it's happening on both my HD boxes (one Sky and one Samsung) so it can't really be down to that can it?

Super User
caesarome

If it is happening on two different boxes then perhaps not. Is it happening on any other of your recordings ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
jg666

No it's only the South Park recordings and it's only started happening recently. The other night's recordings the sound came on after about 8 minutes but the first 8 minutes there was no sound even if I rewound it. 2 episodes recorded from last night there was no sound at all on both of them. I didn't record them on the other box but will do so tonight.

I don't watch anything else on that channel so not sure if it's just these South Park episodes.

Contributor
jg666

OK more information. I still have the recording from last night. There was no sound until the advert break and then sound came on for the adverts and then stayed on until the end of the episode. This seems like a broadcast issue to me.

Super User
caesarome

That is what it sounds like to me, have you made any recording from the channel today, perhaps you could record something else as well.

I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
jg666

The epsiodes recorded last night were fine but I'll continue to monitor it. I can't actually bring myself to record anything else on that channel as it's all garbage except South Park in my opinion  :smileywink:

Occasional Visitor
blackhat

Exactly the same problem for me. South Park on Comedy Central.  No rhyme or reason but several have no sound either for most of the programme or a large chunk of it.  All have been recorded on HD.

Occasional Visitor
RachC

[ Edited ]

I'm also having the same issue, with South Park recordings on Comedy Central HD. Some of the recordings are fine, here's one that didn't record sound so you can try seeing if the same episode didn't work for you either:

Sexual Healing: Recorded on the 07/11 at 11:30pm

The Passion of the Jew: Recorded on the 14/11 at 11:30pm

Attempting a planner rebuild, I doubt this will work.

Edit: Did the planner rebuild and it didn't work, I've noticed that the episode sound returns after the break, about 15-20 minutes in.

Contributor
jg666

Just checked my recording from last night and the same has happened with my recording of The Passion of the Jew. 

Come on Sky, this is basic stuff, if you can't get this right it's time to pack in.

Contributor
jg666

So is anything being done about this ?

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi all,

I can understand this is frustrating for all of you that is having problems. Can you confirm which channels this is affecting? Also is it just HD or is it SD? Lastly is it on live/recorded programmes or is it both?

Regards.

Contributor
jg666

It's happening on both my HD boxes on and off on this channel South Park only as far as I know. I've changed one of the boxes to record the SD version of these episodes so I can compare the 2 recordings the next time a problem occurs.

I don't watch any other program on this channel.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

We have done some investigating in to the matter and we can confirm that as Comedy Central is not a Sky channel, you will have to get in touch with Comedy Central directly. Thanks for your patience.

Regards.