Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
cygnusaw

Charged supplement for not having sky TV

Hi,

I am a Sky Fibre Unlimited customer. I recently received my first bill and that includes a supplement for not having sky TV of £2.50.

This charge was never communicated to me during the purchase process, never showed up on my order summary and is nowhere mentioned on my account.

When I look at my current order summary it shows (and mentions "This is the amount you will pay each month with offers or discounts applied.") £24.50 for the first six months and £34.50 for the reminder of the contract (since I have a half price offer for the first six months).

I sent an e-mail asking for help but in return received a very generic response that did not address any of my questions or concerns. I then asked for a more elaborate answer and nobody has gotten back to me, which was a week ago.

I searched through the help forums and found the following post:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Billing-Payments/The-supplement-charges-for-not-having-sky-TV/td-p/92310...

In there Kris+McD addresses this issue and mentions that "There is no supplement charge if you take either Fibre Unlimited or Fibre Unlimited Pro however there is a supplement charge for [broadband] unlimited and it does state in the offers section of the "Here's the legal bit" under 6 months free unlimited broadband offer".

However, when I called the sky call centre today, and spent 40min on the phone, the advisor was unable to help - they admitted they did not know the details of Fibre contracts and escalated this issue to the senior management. They promised to get back to me in a week or so.

I was told that, since the bill had been already processed, I would be charged this fee during the first month.

I would like this to be resolved as soon as possible, and as it seems that these forums have a great customer service I am posting for help here.

Would it be possible to remove this charge from my account, please?

Thanks,

Martin

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Re: Charged supplement for not having sky TV

Id like to help clear up your query with the Sky Broadband supplement charge for not having Sky TV cygnusaw :smileyhappy:

A supplement charge of £2.50 does apply for anyone taking a Sky Broadband package without having Sky TV. Since Kris+McD's post in February, there has been a review in the packaging and pricing. With that being said, confirmation of all pricing should have been visible when ordering.

Do you still have your confirmation email that was sent when you placed the order? If so, would it be possible to send a screen shot of this to me via  Private Message and I can take a look?

Please come back to me and let me know and I'll assist further.

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
cygnusaw

Hi Andy-F21,

When I joined I received a very generic e-mail that included text similar to "It's great to have you on board" etc without any mention of the selected package or prices. Is this the e-mail you would like to see a screenshot of? This was followed by an e-mail of the set-up dates. I can send you a screenshot of the "Monthly Costs" page of the package on my account if you like.

Thanks,

Martin

Visionary
fwiw

[ Edited ]

Andy -F21,

John Keenan- Sky Talk & Broadband Billing Manager-  posted twice, later in that thread:

I can re-iterate that we do not charge the £2.50 standalone supplement for not having TV on the Fibre products, if you are seeing this on your bills then it will be an error which we will resolve and fully refund you for.

It remains the case that there is no reference in the Sky Shop to a supplement  applying to to Fibre products, whereas the price for Broadband Unlimited does state alongside that the adverised price is "with Sky TV":

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/

http://www.sky.com/products/broadband-talk/broadband/facts/

As it's been charged in error before, I just raise the possibility that this is an error rather than a price change?

Staff
JKeenan

Hi

Its still the case that we only charge the £2.50 supplement for not having Sky TV against the Broadband Unlimited product. Every other Broadband product is not charged this supplement but will be charged the £5 supplement for not having Sky Talk.

Again as per previous mails if anyone is seeing this charge on their bill please can they send their details to a site co-ordinator and ask the co-ordinator to send me the details, I will then have thiscorrected on your behalf.

Apologies for any inconvienance this may be causing

John Keenan - Billing Manager Sky

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Thanks again for getting back to me cygnusaw,

Can you tell me, if you go through your Sky bills on your My Sky, when you first notice the supplement charge appearing on your bill?

Please come back to me and let me know.

Thanks,

Getting There
cygnusaw

The only place on my sky account that I see the supplement being shown is my actual bill. Since this is my first bill I first noticed it in the e-mail I was sent from sky.

I will send you a private message so you can get in touch with JKeenan and he can make sure that this charge is removed from my account, and I receive a refund since I will be charged this supplement on my first bill.

Thanks,

Martin

Staff
JKeenan

We’re aware that some Fibre Broadband customers have been stating on the forum they’re being charged the £2.50 Broadband Standalone supplement on their bill, as per my previous guidance this particular charge is only applicable to the Broadband Unlimited product. That said I have asked my team to investigate this matter further this afternoon, please be assured that if anyone has been charged in error they will receive a full credit back for all the months charged in error for this issue.

You do not need to provide any further details on this matter, if you are affected you will automatically receive a credit to your account within the next 28 days (you do not need to contact us to request this). We again apologise to the customers affected by this issue and hope this issue has not spoilt your enjoyment of Sky Broadband.

John Keenan  - Billing Manager