Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
TCSRFC

Channels not working

[ Edited ]

Having satellite issues with channels at home. No satellite signal is being received on some channels. It's anywhere up to 30 channels afffected by this, in particular for me- Sky Sports 2 & 3.

Says to unplug the box from the mains, then plug it back in, wait 5 mins before trying again.
I do this, they appear for 2 or 3 minutes, but the same notice comes up again. I possibly get more out of a channel if I have it on(got 10 mins out of El Classico last night)

If the fault still persists, contact customer services- have done this, not very helpful mind you. Got as far as 'hold back-up, plug in, wait until lights flash) but he'd hung up when I'd gotten back downstairs(and there was nio sign of lights flashing either).

Connection seems fine(cables at back) have cleaned the viewing card etc, still no joy.

Any other suggestions?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Re: Channels not working

How old is the box/ dish/ LNB?

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
TCSRFC

Have the box just under two years(around August 09)

The dish aint brand new I won't lie.

Occasional Visitor
Tiggers148

Have had the same prob since 5pm tried everything still not working

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

TCSRFC wrote:

Have the box just under two years(around August 09)

The dish aint brand new I won't lie.

Is it a Thomson?  Check System Details.

Occasional Visitor
jacskonloz

my box has started doing this.  I extended the cable myself in my front room by cutting and adding f connectors etc, and it all works fine except i am losing some channels now.  some come up with error 25 and others are just blue with the sounds hiccupping.

the box is a Thomson 132_168 version 4E2124

do you think this is because I cut the cable? (although i did it all correctly)

any help

Cheers

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Best thing to do is make a note of the problem channels and try someone else's box on your setup if you can. 

If the cable were at fault, you'd be getting signal issues on just about everything.  As it is, loss of a select handful of channels on a Thomson box usually means PSU problems.  Use Search above for more on Thomsons.

If the other box works OK on all channels,  it'll be time for a call to Sky.