Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
liza85
Accepted Solution

Changing your package

I want to take things off and add things onto my package. I can see online that I can add things on. Can I take things off my package online?

Thanks
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Changing your package

To remove something from your package you have to call Sky and give them 31 days notice to do this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
liza85

Is there any plans in the future to be able to do this online?

No offence but it seems a bit silly being able to add on but not take off online.
Super User
caesarome

liza85 wrote:
Is there any plans in the future to be able to do this online?

No offence but it seems a bit silly being able to add on but not take off online.

Very unlikely I would have thought as Sky like you to call up so that can talk you into keeping what you are trying to cancel or to perhaps offer you something.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
liza85

That's what I was trying to avoid. Sales pitches and guilt trips. Oh well never mind.
Senior Member (Bronze)
fwiw

[ Edited ]

It's already a requirement that Sky allow customers to downgrade by emailing them via "My Sky"- it's in the terms & conditions and is even offered as an option in an online Help & Support article:

http://help.sky.com/my-account/billing/remove-a-package-or-cancel-your-subscription

However, it's a common complaint that Sky circumvent notices not made by telephone by delaying or failing to process the notices. Experiences include staff reversing the onus  back to the customer to contact them again by telephone, by indicating that it won't otherwise be processed  (there's apparently a "cut and paste" response in use to do this).

"Just Cancel services as requested...."

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Billing-Payments/Just-Cancel-services-as-requested/td-p/902180

"Remove a package or cancel your subscription"

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Billing-Payments/Remove-a-package-or-cancel-your-subscription/td-p/76355...

Occasional Visitor
liza85

Thank you :smileywink: that's very helpful!
A77
Visitor
A77

[ Edited ]
I have certainly used the Contact Us section to downgrade in the past - while not processed immediately, it was within 48 hours, which suited me. However I note that some recent replies given by company representatives here point towards phoning an agent as the only option - which seems odd/confusing/incorrect/not-very-customer-friendly