Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
teresamulvaney
Accepted Solution

Changing subtitle language????

Hi. I have my niece visiting from Spain and am trying to activate the Spanish subtitles. I have turned subtitles on, changed language to Spanish and also turned highlights in but the subtitles are still in English. I have saved the settings.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Teresa
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
hadouken-andy

Re: Changing subtitle language????

Hi teresamulvaney,

The facility is available to choose the language of subtitles however in the majority of cases subtitles are solely in English.

As with all subtitles, these are requested specifically by the broadcaster for each programme and subtitles in multiple languages again are requested by the broadcaster if they feel the target audience of that particular programme will benefit from having subtitles in a different language. 

In your case even though you have chosen the subtitle language in Spanish, you may find a very small proportion of programming will have Spanish subtitles available.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
ilovelucy

Thanks for this answer.

Is there anyway to know which programs might have subtitles in other languages?? (This would be helpful in entertaining my Russian father-in-law!)

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

ilovelucy wrote:

Thanks for this answer.

Is there anyway to know which programs might have subtitles in other languages?? (This would be helpful in entertaining my Russian father-in-law!)

Not at the moment.  Frankly, you'll be lucky to find any subtitles in Russian.  Euronews ( Ch 508 ) has an audio stream in Russian, otherwise visit Russian Tv Online for live streaming.

For the Russian stream on Euronews, press Services>Options>Subtitles>Favourite Language>Russian>press green to Save Settings.